Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Battery Died, Gauges work/no work

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Chris_N_Kris, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Chris_N_Kris

Chris_N_Kris New Member

Was on travel, battery died night before return trip. I noticed after jump start dash gauges took time to respond. The moment they responded, Stability System shut off and could not be reset. This happened multiple times. I wrote that off to weak battery... Until I replaced the battery next morning.

Now everything is normal except temp gauge. It responds as advertised until Yuk is running. If I turn the key to run position, temp gauge responds to water temp as it should. But after start sequence is finished, it drops to 160 degrees (non- energized position). I have 'reset' the system by removing negative battery terminal for up to 5 minutes with no change. The electronic cooling fan does respond when activated. Anyone have ideas??!!

BTW its for an 05 GMS Yukon, 4.8l, 2wd
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  2. Chris_N_Kris

Chris_N_Kris New Member

Problem fixed itself last night!!! Dont know what the fix was -just time maybe??!!