1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Battery Issues

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by broers, May 14, 2009.

1. broers

broers New Member

I have a '99 GMC Sierra and am experience some Electrical issues. I have went through 3-4 batteries, each only lasting a few weeks before they are shot. Checked the amp draw when turned off and only seeing 1 to 1 1/2 amp. Thought I had a Voltage Regulator issue so changed out the Alternator and replaced battery. Battery won't stay charged for more than a day without running vehicle. Anyone out there have some thoughts or advice?
    Baffled in the Carolina's!:confused:
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You have just found your own problem! 1 to 1.5 Amp draw is way too much parasitic draw. You should have no more than 1 or 2 miliamps. Start pulling fuses until you find your problem. I have seen a glove box light which stayed on drive a good man to drink! :)