Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

BCM reprogram to fix hyper flash - dealer wants $124

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by sstoner911, Jul 12, 2011.

1. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

So I replaced the 4 bulbs in the headlights for the turn signal with LED bulbs knowing that I would have to do the resistors, however, the more I thought about it the less i wanted to add 4 resistors to the mix.

I cam accross a thread on another forum about a service bullentin #1956334 that describes how dealerships can eliminate the voltage detection in the BCM so that LED lights will work correctly in rear and front turn signals.

I went to my local dealer and they wanted $124 bucks to reprogram the BCM...I cant see paying that much money just to eliminate the Hyper blink or AKA fast blink.

At this point I may just switch back to the standard bulbs...

http://www.gmupfitter.com/publicat/bull/63135_Bulletin_81_D3.pdf

2. redneck70

redneck70 Rockstar

WOW $124 bucks for being hooked up to the computer for 3 minutes, that would buy a lot of resistors.

3. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ya I am still undecided if I am going to order the resistors or what....the resistors just seem like a short cut...I dont know how else to explain it!