1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

BDS suspension lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by BLK-Z71, Nov 26, 2009.

1. BLK-Z71

BLK-Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

At tax time iam buying a lift for my 99 silvy, i was looking at BDS. any one have a BDS lift ???
    How do you like it ??

OR could any one recommend a good 6 inch lift that comes complete with shocks .

Thanks
    Matt
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

BDS is a great lift. I like there new non-lowering torsion bar kit. Ive got Rancho and Skyjacker on my Suburban and Silverado. Although Ive never had a problem with either kits if they had this BDS non-lowering t/bar kit back when I lifted my Silverado I would have installed it. Also even though the BDS and Skyjacker kits come with skid plates when I installed my Skyjacker on my 05 Silverado I installed a Rancho front skid plate (a nice piece) along with the Skyjacker skid plate for extra protection and it helps stiffen the front suspension.
  3. Land Shark

Land Shark Rockstar 100 Posts

I got a Fabtech. Just make sure you pony up for some good shocks. They give you standard ones that are junk. I got Edelbrock Extreme Travel shocks on mine. Trust me you will notice the difference in upgrading your shocks.
  4. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have 6.5" BDS Suspension lift on my 2002 silverado, i installed it myself, they have lifetime warranty. In my mind how could you go wrong? I love it. I highly recommend going with BDS
  5. BLK-Z71

thanks for your opinions.
  6. BLK-Z71

so when i lift my truck will i have to extend my brake lines, and steering shaft and change gears in the rear???
  7. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I would extend the brake lines (I still need to do it on mine) cuz there wont be a lot of slack. the steering shaft no, but with autotrack they recommend a dual cardin front driveshaft. I did not and dont notice the vibration, but I dont drive it in 4wheel drive too often. gears are recommended, if you do the rear you need to do the fronts to match otherwise you will have issues if you put it in 4wheel and then drive. You dont need to do gears but if you go larger tires you will be reducing the effective gear ratio making it harder to get moving. if you have 3.73's then either 4.10's or 4.56's are recommended.
  8. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

No to all, but break lines are a necessity, i highly advise you to extend your brake lines, and your steering shaft doesn't need to be extended because your doing a suspension lift so all your mechanical parts to your steering stays the same, you would need to extend your steering if you got a body lift.