Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

BDS Worth the money?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ippielb, Aug 12, 2009.

1. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Okay, well had enough for the RC 6" lift, then i had to pay $356 to get my EVAP Valve relocated, because the solenoid was shot, and i didn't want to have to deal with it getting plugged anymore. So, now I'll be getting a personal loan from family for this lift, because i really need it, and want it:lol:. So, i was wondering if you all think that the 6" BDS Suspension lift is worth $1,741? Lifetime warranty and parts souds terrific! Especially because, this truck is not leaving the family, or the farm. So, parts are taken care of.

2. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i havent heard a bad thing about that particular lift.but i cant speak for myself since i still havent been able to get one on my truck :grrrrrr: damn those bills!!

3. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

BDS is well worth the money and more. Their customer service/tech support is outstanding. Their warranty is by far the best in the business. I'll never buy anything esle other than BDS....

4. ippielb

Where would be the best place to buy the BDS lift? I was wanting to buy it directly from them, but they're more expensive then the distributors.

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

BDS worth the money

BDS is worth the money. Make sure when you shop for a kit, you get the price for the newer non-lowering torsen bar kit. They make both types. BDS sells direct to retail customers, but i would shop around because shipping up to you has to be $$$$$.

6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

BDS worth the money

Have you checked there website for dealers near you? Make sure who ever you buy from if the shipping price includes handling charges. Ive seen customers get charged $100-150 dollars just for putting on a pallet and shrink wrapping. (the handling charge) This was ontop of the shipping charge.

7. ippielb

I found a place in Vancouver(not local but still Canadian, so i can use Canadian funds, and i wont get charged border fees) that distributes for BDS. I requested a quote from them, this is what they said.

That sounds pretty good to me! That's in Canadian funds, and I've only been able to find the same kit in the USA for $1,741 being the cheapest! I think I'm going to get this one, maybe i can convince this dealer to give me a little discount if i buy a leveling kit for my dad from them too!

Edit:
    This kit is the non torsion bar drop one, i believe, unless he cannot read, i was so specific when i requested a quote, i basically spelled out what the kit was, all caps saying NON TORSION BAR DROP. So, I'll ask and make sure.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  8. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

This is a good deal. The High Clearance (HC) kit is the not T-Bar drop. You will be very please with this purchase.