1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Beach Driving

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by RaleighZ71, Apr 27, 2009.

1. RaleighZ71

RaleighZ71 New Member

Ready for the Burb to stretch it's legs with a fishing trip to a very remote NC beach in a couple weeks. I've been in the sand many times with Jeep and Hoe yrs ago but not in the Burb. Anything in particular other than the obvious; air down the tires, carry tools, straps, fluids, be prepared for the worst, and have common sense.
    I've got oversize tires, a bit wider than stock that will help. They're heavy load E tires though so stiffer sidewalls. General Grabber AT2. Z71 so maybe suspension a bit better suited for it.

I'd like to get a dual battery setup as there's already a tray for it. Any recommendations? I've heard I need an "isolator".
    I plan on checking all fluids and giving it the "once over" before the trip.
  2. missingremote

missingremote New Member

sand buggy

Bring a buddy in a chase 4x4 vehicle.Though there is help usually. Maybee sunblock? Portable 5 gal H20 sun shower. lots of rope and a tarp to use as a sun or wind screen. It get real windy and you might get sand blasted. Big Beach Umbrella. bag of ice :)
  3. 2000liftdsuburban

2000liftdsuburban New Member

DONT FORGET THE BEER'S~!

and have some added fun for me since i cant do nething now since my new job ...... gay
  4. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts

I would think just with airing down you'd be fine. Try to stay outta the water though, burbs don't float all that well. I liked those tires a lot by the way, how have they treated you?
  5. RaleighZ71

RaleighZ71 New Member

Yep, we'll have 4 trucks total - plenty of tow straps and "just in case supplies" ( extra belts, fluids, water, tools, gas). Plenty of beer.

The grabber at2's have been great. I got load range E so they're heavier sidewalls. Probably didn't need E range but got a deal. Getting D next time.