1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Beach Vacation - San Antonio & Port Aransas, TX - Beach Driving

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by ChevyFan, Aug 4, 2010.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Took the family to vacation this week. Headed down to San Antonio for a few days, was at SeaWorld on Monday and Tuesday, now we're in Port Aransas, outside of Corpus Christi.

Got my license to park on the beach too, pretty cool. I'll get some photos of the Trailblazer on the beach down here. There's a pretty cool little ferry that boats you across these islands too. One of the shortest Ferry rides that I've ever been on.

Lots of fun, have to get back to the real world soon enough though.

Me on the beach, I still got it, wife took the photo.
    steve_beach.jpg

Trailblazer on the beach
    steve_beach_trailblazer.jpg

2. mad1500hd

mad1500hd Rockstar 100 Posts

those are the best vacations...right on the beach...just curious...how much for permits in Texas? we have certain beaches here in Cali that have a certain parking just for on the beach...rv/trailers/auto...but those go quick...but pretty reasonable for about 25 a day...

well, stretch it out as long as you can...:)

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

This is the first week-long vacation we've been on in over a year. It feels great.

The permit for the beach is $12 until the end of the year for the beaches around the gulf area here. It's VERY nice down here, would move down here if I could get work. :)

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I need to take a vacation on the beach, I havent been to the ocean to relax and have fun since I moved from Virginia Beach to Texas in 2001.

5. ChevyFan

Got burned today. It's nice and 10 degrees cooler by the beach, but still got hit by the sun. May head home tomorrow after some AM beach time.