1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bearing/Rotors Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Brad Wissinger, Jul 24, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. j cat

j cat Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

the dealership has the fluid in stock standard item. you may need to have the transfercase repaired . try the fluid change first. need about 3 qts.

caliper should be able to slide when you push back the caliper piston with a C clamp so the pads are back from the rotor. the pads should not be held too tightly as binding pads will cause pre mature wear/failure. good luck
  2. Brad Wissinger

Brad Wissinger New Member

Sunds good. I'm checking with local dealers to try to get it. The last time I had the pads/calipers off, the cpistons moved pretty easy. Based on the excessive wear of the passenger side pad, I'm going to go ahead and replace the fronts and maybe the rear before the end of the summer. I have to get the truck back into normal driving condition. The last time I tried out the 4 wheel drive it shifted pretty easy, so I'm hoping its just a fluid change. The minimal gear oil in the front diff could play a role in the noise as well, right? My plan is to do flues now, and swap the front pads out as well.