Beaten a Speeding Ticket?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Feb 1, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Have you beaten a speeding ticket where you live? If so, give some helpful hints out the people who live around you.

Go into the right forum for your state. Post what you did to get out of the ticket and what advice you have for others.

2. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

my best friends dad is the captain of police in a neighboring town. Since I didn't get a ticket and instead got a court summons I went and did some community service before I even went to court. My friends dad wrote me a letter saying I had already done work for him and that I understood the seriousness of my infraction and I got off without any points or anything on my record.

3. Calbaby968

Calbaby968 Rockstar 100 Posts

Both of my parents were (retired) Pittsburgh Police Officers and my uncle is on his 3rd term as the District Justice in Somerset,PA. I usually just dropped that line and got warnings. I did have a the same cop pull me over twice in 3 days and tell me "How many times am I gonna have to pull you over to let you know you're not above the law" I said a few more would be nice. :lol:

4. trenchwarfare

trenchwarfare Rockstar 100 Posts

My cousin is a mechanic and he writes me notes. I also take them to trial, especially if they are troopers, as they don't usually show up. A friend who owned a junkyard used to do the same thing years back for my mother.

5. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Actually I find if your just polite and actually look like your sorry the cop will usually let you go. Talking like a smart a$$ and trying to make jokes will get you a ticket every time. When I had my camaro I got pulled over 27 times in 2 years. 15 for speeding and 12 for various other things. I got 2 speeding tickets in total. Neither are on my record because I ammend the 1st from my license because I was 16 and paid 40 dollars. I did the same thing for my second @17 and just paid the full price 180 dollars. Neither are on my license.
    Of course my first ticket came from a motorcycle cop, no chance of getting out of that and my second was on the way back from a college tour and I was late for my rugby game.

6. ChevyPrincess

ChevyPrincess Rockstar

I have a great talent of being able to look like I'm gonna cry.. lol.. cops dont wanna make a young woman cry.. I have never got a ticket in the 6 years I've had my liscense... batting the baby blues works everytime.. love being female

7. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i got caught doing 75 ina 45... straight to jail supposedly, but my trump was a young feller settin in the passenger seat. when the cop left, my buddy said i was welcome. when i asked what he was talking about, he said the reason i didnt get a ticket was b/c that particular cop had bought him beer while on duty and the kid was only 15 years old. he was a city boy here in frankfor ky

8. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I just suck it up and take the ticket. If I was afraid of getting a speeding ticket... I wouldn't speed.

First and last ticket in a long time was at (and I kid you not) 12:04 a.m., January 1 of this year. First ticket in the county. *woot!*

64 in a 45

9. bd1326

bd1326 Rockstar

been pulled over once for speeding, just a little flash of the badge works pretty good, not to mention knowing most of the cops in the county by their first name.

10. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

being in uniform has helped me out 3 times.then when in regular clothes ill hand over my military ID with my license.and one noticed my fire dept. sticker back when i had my dodge and let me go.