Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bed Liner Help ~ 2009 Silverado Crew Cab

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Tungsten23, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Tungsten23

Tungsten23 Member

Hey guys, I have my 09 Silverado Crew Cab LT Short Bed that desperately needs a bed liner, I've been hauling stuff for my parent's businesses and recently and steadily is the weight of this stuff going up! It started off with 1920lbs of landscaping rock, to a 1000lb food prep. table and hot case (200lbs). I've been doing the best I can on every situation to either put down an old blanket over the bed, or ask for large cardboard to put down. I've also bought color match body paint to patch up any deep wounds to the bed, it's not as pretty as it used to be back there. I need a DROP-IN bedliner, I know you guys may have done the spray on, but I'm positive it won't hold up the the pallets that are dropped in this thing, even if there is a small rock underneath the pallet, it will push a dent into a spray'ed on bed liner. As for scratches, my bed already has them, but I will be plasti-dipping the entire bed before the bed liner goes on.

My question is, do you guys know of any good drop in (hard-plastic not carpet) bed liner for my truck that ‚ÄčABSOLUTELY DOES NOT DRILL INTO ANY PART OF THE BED? So far I have seen trail effects bed liner that claims no drill into bed or tailgate.
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The OEM bed liner in my 2011 is a drop in under the rail and the tailgate panel uses existing fasteners.
    Icant tell for sure from the picture but it looks like you have OEM bed rail covers, if so they should come down the inside of the rail and protect that area.
    Id probably talk to a local shop that builds speciality beds for new trucks, they normally have items like this laying around for sale.
  3. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I use the Trail FX bed liner on my 2011, its a drop in , no fastener installation, tucks under the rail, you can get an under the rail and use bed caps as I do, or get an over the rail with no bed caps, its slotted for 4 tie down points as well as set up for 2x4 shelving to give you option of compartment or shelf use, I also like that the front lip of the liner covers the front lip of the truck bed, totally protected on the inside, good drainage set up and easy clean rear water run off, tail gate guard picks up exhisting holes to fasten to, I really like mine. Have a look, it might just work for you.

http://www.trailfx.com/bed-liner.html
  4. Tungsten23

Tungsten23 Member

I do have the OEM bed rail protectors and as long as I don't have to drill new holes into any part of the truck I think I will go with the Trail FX, if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost you, what website, and how did they ship that big of an item?
  5. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

pm'd info for you,
  6. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

back in 2000 I installed the bed liner on my new truck . still have the same liner. it is held in place by double sticky tape 2 inches wide front rear. then on the tail gate end 2 small holes for 1/8 inch stainless steel screws just to make sure it will not fly away like some people I know with dealership installed liners.

even though I have a strong thick liner I use rubber roofing to protect and keep items from sliding around. the liner is not all that great to hold items from moving the rubber roofing material does .

I also have stainless steel rail covers held on by double sided tape . this protects this rail and is not melted by any heat/sun.

I got a cover to store stuff in the bed great when taking a trip/boating/camping////,

when snow comes no problem cleaning out the bed. so far not rust issues with this set up ...14 years old in april 2014.
  7. Tungsten23

Tungsten23 Member

I got a new BedLiner guys! It turns out, Trail FX has the EXACT same product as PendaLiner. Pendaform makes the Pendaliner, and the Trail FX bed liner. Trail FX guys then tack on another $100 for their name on it, even though it is a PendaLiner. If I had gotten a TrailFX it woulda been $293 with free shipping, self install. INSTEAD, I got a Pendaliner locally, for $177 TOTAL (installed they charged $15) I decided to do the "no-drill" option, I used some Heavy Duty Velcro on certain points, I'll have pics soon. I'm also carriage bolting the back end, seems to be bowed inwards, there's a hole I can use via the stake pocket holes.
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

You don't like a Bedrug? bedrug12.jpg IMG_1504.jpg Photo-0374.jpg
  9. Tungsten23

Tungsten23 Member

Wasn't too sure how it would be, or if things would snag on the fabric of the carpet. I know it is poly-propleyne, or some high end type of fiber that won't stain or lose color in the sun, but I needed something tough that I could just throw stuff in the back of and not worry about dent's, and something that was easy to clean.

Back when I was in high school, I had the option of taking the family Tahoe as first vehicle. I opted for the pickup, I'm thinking I shoulda gone with a Avalanche. The suspension on the pickups vs the Tahoe/Avalanche is night and day. Still love my Silverado to death.

Bed liner 161.jpg Bed liner 156.jpg Bed liner 157.jpg Bed liner 160.jpg
    This is my attempt at "drill less", the liner itself is pretty secure, but to make sure it doesn't move or rub too much I used some 1/4" Carriage bolts, two washers, two rubber washers, nut lock, and nut. The rubber washers are against both sides that touch the paint of the truck, metal washers are there to disperse the weight.

The velcro, and carriage bolt were all me, the guys at the shop only wanted to Self-tap screw the entire thing in. To make sure the bolt didn't look out of place I Rustoleum Blacked' it out. I plan on adding two more carriage bolts to the front stake pocket to the track system holes. All This was done with no drilling!
  10. silverado002

silverado002 Member 100 Posts

I used a under rail Pendaliner too just like Tungsten23 did on my 2002. Where he used carriage bolts mine came with integrated clips in the back end that hooked into the side holes. No issues.