Bed Liner Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by MTM, May 1, 2012.

1. MTM

MTM Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Okay I have a spray in bed liner it came with the truck when I bought it. My question is can i buy an aftermarket roll in from an auto parts store such as Herculiner and go over the top of it? Will it stick? It's just faded really bad

2. catmechanic07

catmechanic07 Former Member

I dont see why not......just scuff the areas you want to roll with like scotch brite and make sure you blow it out with compressed air or get the dirt out somehow

3. 07XCSB

07XCSB Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

You can paint over the spray in. It might be a easier cheaper option. The Herculiner will also fade and peel. The Upol Raptor line is the best over the counter do it yourself kit I have found. IMO of course.

4. MTM

Yea my biggest thing was it adhering to the spray in

5. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

6. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

You might want to consider a drop in liner such as Duraliner. I had one in my truck for 16 years. Took it out to pain the truck and the bed was just like new. No rust (and the truck is outdoors 24/7) and only a few scuffs. Now I have a Bedrug and a canopy.

7. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

He already has a spray in bedliner, so there is no reason to put a plastic drop in in.

8. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Hi, Jimmeh:

That is painfully obvious from his post. You think I can't read or something? That is an insulting comment.

He wants to replace what is in there. A drop in liner is an answer to his question and is 100% relevant, as he has concerns about re-coating what is in there and he is concerned about fade. A Duraliner, at least the one I had, fades little if any.

9. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Personally I wouldn't use the Herculiner.....I would visit a Line X dealer and ask them how much to spray the restore finish they offer.

10. MTM

I would never put in a drop in don't like them and they just look cheap like you couldn't afford a bed liner so you settled with a drop in. I just want to make the one i have look like new