1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bed Liner

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by MWright936, Mar 31, 2008.

1. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

At some point (once I can afford it), I want to get a spray in bed liner for my truck. Of course, I've heard Rhino Liners are good. I got a quote for $400 (TuffLiner, under the rail) for one of those. I was wondering what other options there are. I've heard of a couple of other brands, but wasn't sure how they compare to Rhio as far as price and durability. What do yall recommend? Thanks!
  2. SoonerSilverado11

SoonerSilverado11 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have heard from everyone that Line-X is a great product, plus I have a good friend that had one in his truck when he bought it. However, I don't know that these are cheaper than the Rhino lining.
  3. no0b123

no0b123 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

The top two liners are Line-X and Rhino, yet they are both two different types of lining. The Line-X is like pure sandpaper, and the Rhino is more like a rubberized texture feeling. Both are heavy duty, both perform the same, both provide excellent grip. The only difference is the texture. I personally would get Rhino because it kills my knees to feel rough surfaces like Line-X, but thats not to say Line-X is a bad product, every truck in my family has it (except mine). Both are pricey, and I would say it's about $450 for either one, but the warranty is LIFELONG .
  4. ibmoses

ibmoses Rockstar 100 Posts

You could just get a "bed mat" meanwhile.
    They work good in some situations.

Bert
  5. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Thanks for the tips! There was a bed mat in there when I bought the truck, so that will tide me over until I can afford the spray in. I'll have to check into Line-X. Thanks again!
  6. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I've had two liners in my two trucks. My f150 got the DIY Duplicolor Bed Coating and it worked great for the price. :great:.. It held up great even under heavy use. Of course it's not as good as line-x or Rhino or Dualliner, but total price was I think 75 bucks. It was in a 97 and made the bed look brand new with spray liner. I'll go into more detail if you want just let me know. In my new 07, I opted for the bedrug. AWESOME. Super comfortable on the knees, can handle anything and so far is super stain resistant.
  7. pinehawk99

pinehawk99 New Member

I wonder how it would look w/ rubber mat and spray liner on the sides?
  8. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I was gonna do that on my last truck but I never got around to it. I've heard that some people have problems with spot rust after long term use with the bed mats. Water getting trapped and not being able to evaporate. Having a spray liner under it would solve that for sure.
  9. pinehawk99

pinehawk99 New Member

I heard the same.But I wonder if they were older type bedmat ?Maybe newer ones have fixed that problem.
  10. SoonerSilverado11

SoonerSilverado11 Rockstar 100 Posts

Ya, I have the mat right now and as useful as it is, it is not as good as a spray in. So just how difficult is it to apply the Duplicolor DIY, and where is it available?