GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Bed Liner

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by nickgiacalone, Apr 13, 2009.

1. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

I plan on having a Rhino Liner sprayed in the first weekend in May. Is it worth the money or should I go with the plastic drop-in style that is about half the price? FYI, I plan on keeping the truck til it dies, then, I'll probably fix it and keep driving it or 10 or more years down the line keep this one and get it lifted to the sky and get a nice shiney new one for a daily driver
  2. drumrob

drumrob New Member

I had Rhino in my last Silverado and I liked it a lot. I am actually going this Friday to get my current truck sprayed. After a year you will notice the pain kind of fade away a little but they sell paint to make it dark black again.
  3. steve1146

steve1146 New Member

The spray in liners are a good value. I had a Line-X installed a year ago and no problems. There is a good installer in Westland if you are on that side of town.
  4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 New Member

Go with the spray-in liner, I have a line-x in mine. The plastic drop in kind have several disadvantages, such as trapped moisture, poor fit( warping over time) and the cargo will slide around all over the bed! the spray in liners eliminate all this and most types and are very durable and most have a warranty, if I was doing mine again I would have it color matched to the truck too, most companies offer that option although colors may be limited. Hope this helps, good luck! :great:
  5. jeremysr10

jeremysr10 New Member

Spray in liner is the way to go. If you have any doubts just find an old truck with a drop in liner and lift it up. I did a lot of research and ended up going with Line-X. I talked to a lot of people with Line-X and Rhino. I did not get any complaints from those who bought Line-X. I did get a few not so good reviews from Rhino users. Most of which had to do with getting it repaired. One guy had some gouges in his and they would not fill them like the commercials say. The other spilled chlorine in the back and it turned it white and ate away some of the liner. The Rhino people said it was not covered because it was a chemical. I hope this helps.
  6. unscarred

unscarred New Member

Go with the spray on. I bought my truck with the plastic drop in and can't wait to get rid of it. I took it out a couple of weeks ago and the paint on the bed rails is completely ruined. I'm getting the spray in very soon.
  7. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

i live on the east side near mt. clemens. i plan on going with Rhino from Ziebart in St. Clair Shore, but thanks for lookin out
  8. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 New Member

I have a spray in liner on my truck and i absolutely love it. I don't know what brand you looked into but ask them about UV protection... I had mine sprayed on last year and it faded a lot I just put in the UV coating (that was supposed to be done when i had it sprayed on) a few weeks ago and it's a HUGE difference it went fro faded gray back to BLACK. also... if you plan on "tossing" heavy items in your truck bed that could dent the bed... you could always do both the spray on liner( to protect against moisture and rust) and then through in a drop in plastic liner ( to prevent against major dents) ...yes the bed will still dent if you have the spray in liner... if that's something that worries you, you could invest in both..
  9. zubbiez

zubbiez New Member

stay away from drop in

My truck had one when I bought it I tore it out as soon as I got home to find dare metal everywhere. it'll rub the paint off everywhere it touches which pretty much defeats the purpose also in wet weather that things like a slip n slide,Diffenetly go with spray in.
  10. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member

I dont know how you feel about Bed Rugs but I bought one from Autoanything and it was $325 shipped. Looks nice and the say it will hold up to rain, snow , mud etc...I guess we will see! So far I cant complain and i get alot of compliments on it.

I have had my quad on it and the mud etc washed right up no problem.
  11. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 New Member

$325 for a bed rug? I think that's what i paid for my spray in bedliner... at an extra cost of seeing my good friend(who sprayed the liner for me) take an abrasive sponge and GOUGE and scrap off fresh 1month old factory paint :( ... it was worth it tho...
  12. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

Dang where did you find a Bedrug for $325? I payed $400 for both of my Bedrug's, and the dealer one is even more expensive than that. I have never had a spray in liner before, but I do love my bed rugs.
  13. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member

I had a coupon from AutoAnything.com - but even thier regular price is $350 Plus FREE Shipping!

http://www.autoanything.com/hitch-bed-accessories/60A3644A0A0A2640852.aspx
  14. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

sstoner911 thank you very much, I have to buy one for my new truck because it has a 6.5 foot bed and my other bedrug is only 5'8". That made my day. :party:
  15. eric_05

eric_05 New Member

spray on bedliner

I have the qwikliner and it works well, holds up great to gravel/concrete/dirt. It is tough, durable and water resistant matter.[FONT=&quot]Qwikliner spray on bedliner has a lifetime warranty against chipping, peeling or cracking[/FONT]
  16. shurshot

shurshot New Member

Good info here as I am trying to decide on which way I want to go as well with my 09 GMC. Hmmm Linex, Rhino, or Bed rug?
  17. Irving10

Irving10 New Member

I've never really understood bed rugs... Don't they just hold in water and dirt?? What do I know, though...

Definitely go with a spray-in liner. I had a drop in for a year or two, and even after that short time I was getting a little rust, lots of trapped dirt and water, and some warping. I chose Line-X because I heard some great things about them, and some not so great things about Rhino. But to each his (or her) own!
  18. jessica_08

jessica_08 New Member

Qwikliner spray on bedliner

I have the qwikliner, holds up great to gravel/concrete/dirt. It is tough, durable and water resistant matter. :sign0173:
  19. beachmonkey6

beachmonkey6 New Member

great post! thanks guys
  20. paul_09

paul_09 New Member

spray on bedliner

I have tried many bedliner.But qwikliner fullfill all my expectation.