1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

bed liners????

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by dshewy14, Jul 21, 2009.

1. dshewy14

dshewy14 Rockstar 100 Posts

I've been thinkin bout puttin a bed liner in my truck and i was woundering if anyone has ever used the ones you can get at a parts houses and how did it hold up? Because i was looking other day and you can get the whole kit for like 90 bucks and that sure beats the hell out of payin bout 400 for a line-x.
  2. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You can try the hurc-a-liner stuff or the drop-ins, but if you use your truck like I do, you will want to pay for that Line-X or Rhino Liner. They are thicker, tougher, and look better for longer...

P.S.- The drop-in's tend to trap water under them, resulting in rust...
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

X2 on what Mean_Green_95 has Said,I have a drop in Bed liner and I'm not happy with it.In the next couple of months I'm going with Line-X.
  4. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 Rockstar 100 Posts

i got a penda skid resistor drop in bedliner on mine when i bought it and haven't had a problem with water or warpage. They cost about $200-$250. Plus cargo doesn't move around hardly at all. I've never had a spray-on bedliner so i couldn't tell u about them.
  5. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

I say go with the professionally sprayed liner. I have the rhino and i absolutely love it and will never have a truck without it. I use my truck to haul a lot of things and i am yet to even put a mark in it. It's thick, looks great, and stuff doesnt slide anywhere. My test was a 12-pack of bottled beer. I set it in the back and drove about 15 miles to a friends house. The case didnt move, i was just driving normally. Im sure that if you hit an S-curve doin 55mph somethin might move around haha. Spend the $400 and get the spray in liner
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

bed liners???

X3 what MeanGreen95 said.
  7. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 Rockstar 100 Posts

Get Line-x

I have Line-X. Believe me, its worth it.
  8. dshewy14

dshewy14 Rockstar 100 Posts

well boys sounds like i better go with the spray in, thanks
  9. eric_05

eric_05 New Member

spray on bedliner

I have Qwikliner and it works well. QWIK LINER Spray-On bedliner is industry proven to provide your truck bed with anti skid, permanent abrasion-resistant protection. The unique flexible, textured, non-porous lining is easy to clean and will not warp, crack or peel. :rofl:
  10. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

X2 on the LineX. If you use a do it yourself kit the quality of the liner will all depend on how well you prep the old paint in your bed.