bed liners????

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by dshewy14, Jul 21, 2009.

1. dshewy14

dshewy14 Rockstar 100 Posts

I've been thinkin bout puttin a bed liner in my truck and i was woundering if anyone has ever used the ones you can get at a parts houses and how did it hold up? Because i was looking other day and you can get the whole kit for like 90 bucks and that sure beats the hell out of payin bout 400 for a line-x.

2. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You can try the hurc-a-liner stuff or the drop-ins, but if you use your truck like I do, you will want to pay for that Line-X or Rhino Liner. They are thicker, tougher, and look better for longer...

P.S.- The drop-in's tend to trap water under them, resulting in rust...

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

X2 on what Mean_Green_95 has Said,I have a drop in Bed liner and I'm not happy with it.In the next couple of months I'm going with Line-X.

4. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 Rockstar 100 Posts

i got a penda skid resistor drop in bedliner on mine when i bought it and haven't had a problem with water or warpage. They cost about $200-$250. Plus cargo doesn't move around hardly at all. I've never had a spray-on bedliner so i couldn't tell u about them.

5. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

I say go with the professionally sprayed liner. I have the rhino and i absolutely love it and will never have a truck without it. I use my truck to haul a lot of things and i am yet to even put a mark in it. It's thick, looks great, and stuff doesnt slide anywhere. My test was a 12-pack of bottled beer. I set it in the back and drove about 15 miles to a friends house. The case didnt move, i was just driving normally. Im sure that if you hit an S-curve doin 55mph somethin might move around haha. Spend the $400 and get the spray in liner

6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

bed liners???

X3 what MeanGreen95 said.

7. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 Rockstar 100 Posts

Get Line-x

I have Line-X. Believe me, its worth it.

8. dshewy14

dshewy14 Rockstar 100 Posts

well boys sounds like i better go with the spray in, thanks

9. eric_05

eric_05 New Member

spray on bedliner

I have Qwikliner and it works well. QWIK LINER Spray-On bedliner is industry proven to provide your truck bed with anti skid, permanent abrasion-resistant protection. The unique flexible, textured, non-porous lining is easy to clean and will not warp, crack or peel. :rofl:

10. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

X2 on the LineX. If you use a do it yourself kit the quality of the liner will all depend on how well you prep the old paint in your bed.