Bed Liners?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Cableguy, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

I met a guy in my town that opened up a shop that does those spray on truck bed liners ( I think its called Line-x) He's sprays it on as think as you need and it look damn fine. Anybody try this stuff?
  2. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

If any of you had the old plastic GM liner, you would know the pain they can be.
    (I had a plastic liner in a buddies 1/2 ton I borrowed the liner came out of the truck and went up in the air like Dorothys house (Wizard of OZ) "beauty hang time" then came crashing down in ditch)
  3. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member

I have had a Line-x spray in bed liner in my last 2 trucks. Very thick and durable and looks very nice as well.
  4. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member

I had one that I had put a tonneau cover on, and at highway speeds I would lose my rear view as the cover, and liner would try to lift out of the bed. I eventually had to screw it right to the bed to keep it down. Kind of defeats the purpose of having something there to protect the bed if you have to put holes in the bed just to keep it in place.
  5. unplugged

unplugged New Member

My work truck has a line-x. Sprayed on very thick. Does the job and looks good too.:cool:
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

I've had Line-X in my old truck and I loved it. Looks good and it makes a nice not-slip surface. If you have to slide sheets of plywood around and want stuff moving around in the bed then you're good not to get it. If you want a liner and don't mind that it's perm in place, then I recommend looking in Line-X.
  7. CoDaChrome

CoDaChrome New Member

I have had some of my work trucks sprayed with line-x in side of the rockers and cab corners and it seams to help out alot my 1990 has no rust in the corners and they are still stock
  8. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

Thats probably better than gravel guard too. Boy weren't those cab corners bad back then...if you sneezed on them they rusted :)
  9. CoDaChrome

CoDaChrome New Member

ya I have one truck in my fleet that I had to put new corners on and the other 6 I had sprayed and they all look good yet

I had it sprayed in side so there is a small hole inside the door way with a cap on it
  10. EagleTalons

EagleTalons New Member

Has anyone tried spray can liner? I was thinking about putting some in my '76 Scottsdale bed. Its pretty messed up in there so i don't want to put something too expensive in there.
  11. Howie

Howie New Member

Hmmm.. I have a Line-X sprayed in mine. No Complaints, so far.
  12. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member

I got the drop in liner with rail caps from the dealer. I'm kicking myself in the rear for that. GM has the worst drop in liner I've ever seen, it slips all over the place and I'm sure it has already scratched the crap out of my bed.
  13. ewarz

ewarz New Member

I highly recommend spray on liners. Durable and in my opinion the protection is unmatched.

If you plan on lining a small area with a can, go for it. As for the entire bed, I would rather take it in and have a shop spray it.
  14. paul_09

paul_09 New Member

Best Spray on Bed Liner with a Low Cost Startup

:great:Sometimes back I got my truck sprayed on with Spray on bedliner of Qwikliner.It took only few seconds to set & the quality of finish is awesome.I will definitely recommends qwikliner bed liners.

For the price, durability, function and application method, I highly recomend the qwikliner bed liner.:rules:
  15. bry2500

bry2500 New Member

I saw an Avalanche with the cladding Line-x'd. I will definitely be following that example. So I did some looking into Line-x and they have some videos of logos being sprayed into the bed. They have a huge assortment of colors I guess. I would definitely recommend it. I have heard nothing but good about it.
  16. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 New Member

My truck came with the line-x liner in it and i'm glad it did, the spray in liners are way better than the old plastic drop in type, the only thing i'd change is i would have liked a color matched one.
  17. jessica_08

jessica_08 New Member

the qwikliner bed liner

[FONT=&quot]I have Qwikliner on mine. In my opinion it has less to do with the name and everything to do with the person applying the product.
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I would visit the shops and look at freshly sprayed liners and start making my decision from there. I really don't think there is much difference in the product, however application is the key.

[/FONT] For the price, durability, function and application method, I highly recommend the qwikliner bed liner.
  18. john_017

john_017 New Member

Bed liner available in market

I have qwikliner in my current truck and love it... Have not had of the other spray ins to compare it to though...

I like that it has a texture that is non-slip, but yet it is not rubbery, so if you are using the truck to carry dirt/mulch/gravel, like you would with a truck it is a very good surface to shovel and sweep stuff off of...
  19. Hummer

Hummer New Member

I have a 2003 with a plastic liner and it holds about two inches of water on front end. I got some plywood the other day that was being thrown out and even though I had it covered I knew unless I took extra care it would get ruined as it rained like a cow on a flat rock on the way home. I parked it on an incline with rear of truck bed lower than front and finally got to unload it yesterday and it was great and dry.

If I could sell the liner I would get the Line X stuff. Also before they put it on I would shoot holes w/ 45 in front of bed to allow water to drain out. Be careful of gas tank.=! ! ! !

Alternate plan is drill 1/2" holes and then drive tapered punch in holes from top to make it like the top of a funnel. They drain better than just regular holes.

If you really want to get nifty take some short sections of E Trac (like on walls of moving vans) and mount it on floor and side walls and get the furniture tie down straps and you will have a much better tie down system than the eye bolts. Then get it sprayed and all will match up.

I never thought of this till I got a enclosed motorcycle trailer at a trailer place in Ohio that was next door to a place that built moving vans. They asked me if I wanted E Trac and when they showed it to me I said yep and they went next door, got it and mounted it on inner walls and it has paid off like a champ time and again. I got some more short pieces and screwed them to plywood floor in several places. I have moved furniture and equipment etc and everything stays perfectly in place.
  20. eric_05

eric_05 New Member

Spray on bedliner

[FONT=&quot]I used the Qwikliner on my Jeep already and it worked out pretty good [/FONT]