1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bed Liners?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Cableguy, Feb 24, 2007.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I met a guy in my town that opened up a shop that does those spray on truck bed liners ( I think its called Line-x) He's sprays it on as think as you need and it look damn fine. Anybody try this stuff?
  2. Cableguy

If any of you had the old plastic GM liner, you would know the pain they can be.
    (I had a plastic liner in a buddies 1/2 ton I borrowed the liner came out of the truck and went up in the air like Dorothys house (Wizard of OZ) "beauty hang time" then came crashing down in ditch)
  3. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have had a Line-x spray in bed liner in my last 2 trucks. Very thick and durable and looks very nice as well.
  4. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I had one that I had put a tonneau cover on, and at highway speeds I would lose my rear view as the cover, and liner would try to lift out of the bed. I eventually had to screw it right to the bed to keep it down. Kind of defeats the purpose of having something there to protect the bed if you have to put holes in the bed just to keep it in place.
  5. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My work truck has a line-x. Sprayed on very thick. Does the job and looks good too.:cool:
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I've had Line-X in my old truck and I loved it. Looks good and it makes a nice not-slip surface. If you have to slide sheets of plywood around and want stuff moving around in the bed then you're good not to get it. If you want a liner and don't mind that it's perm in place, then I recommend looking in Line-X.
  7. CoDaChrome

CoDaChrome New Member 100 Posts

I have had some of my work trucks sprayed with line-x in side of the rockers and cab corners and it seams to help out alot my 1990 has no rust in the corners and they are still stock
  8. Cableguy

Thats probably better than gravel guard too. Boy weren't those cab corners bad back then...if you sneezed on them they rusted :)
  9. CoDaChrome

CoDaChrome New Member 100 Posts

ya I have one truck in my fleet that I had to put new corners on and the other 6 I had sprayed and they all look good yet

I had it sprayed in side so there is a small hole inside the door way with a cap on it
  10. EagleTalons

EagleTalons New Member 100 Posts

Has anyone tried spray can liner? I was thinking about putting some in my '76 Scottsdale bed. Its pretty messed up in there so i don't want to put something too expensive in there.