1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bed rail liner

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by CarpenterGuy, Mar 3, 2009.

1. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

My old truck had a spray on bed liner that they sprayed on everwhere including the top of the rail. my new one has a spray on, but it doesn't go up to the rail. is there a kit i can buy or something that i can paint on, or spray on a little coatin on the rail?
  2. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You could always get some bed rail caps. I think the black diamond metal ones look sweet.
  3. CarpenterGuy

hmm i didn't think of that

is there something less expensive?
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  4. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

does it go up to the rails just not over??

lowes has "rust oleum" brand "truck bed coating" its spray can stuff.. i did my moms trucks tail gate this weekend to see if i want to do the whole bed
  5. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

you can try a local autoparts store like napa or autovalue they carry bedliner in a can or you can use 3M rubberized underbody spray
  6. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My truck dad's truck has those box liner caps under the box rails. It looks exactly like the box liner, and feels exactly like it. It gives a little style too. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow morning when i head out.
  7. CarpenterGuy

i like the idea of a spray/roll on. that doesn't sound expensive. does the spray can stuff from lowes protect well?
  8. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You can get a Rhino kit that is DIY roll on.
  9. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i have a set f the chrome tube bed rails that have been in my closet for a year or longer just waiting for a new owner. i will even polish them up for ya if you are interested. they need a few of the mounting pieces, but i can have them made for nothing, so thats no big deal. pm me if you are interested
  10. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Herculiner makes a roll-on kit that Walmart or auto supply stores carry. The metal type bed rails look nice, but weve taken them off trucks after only a few years and found where the scrapped the paint off from vibration and the trucks had rusted alot because of trapped moisture.