1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bed shakes some at 40-45mph since i had the lift put on?????

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Rockstarrchevy81, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts

Hey guy's i was wondering what is causing my truc bed take shake around 40-45mph?Anything before or after that speed there is not shaking what so ever and i didn't notice this until i put the lift on.. what could this be if anyone knows and how could i fix this..???
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Check all of the bed bolts would be my first stop since its not to uncommon for things to either work loose or break when it comes to beds.
  3. This could be the result of a number of things including tires or the result of the lift. I would recommend starting by taking the vehicle back to where you had the lift done. They should be able to assist you further and have a plan for addressing the issue. Please feel free to keep me updated with any further developments. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

When you put the lift on the year, did you make sure to torque all the bolts to spec, and do it again 250-500 miles later? The shaking you're experiencing could actually be the whole rear of the truck wobbling from a loose bolt that's about to let go. Double-check all your bolt torques.
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

X2 ,check and retorque all the nuts and bolts that were used with the lift kit after 500 miles. Torque to SPEC!
  6. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts

yeah i havent had that done that might be the problem i might ask my buddy's to tighten them for me quick one day thanks guy's.
  7. mad1500hd

mad1500hd New Member

you might also have a balance issue on one of your rear tires...i had a weight come loose once and had a shake at 55 only, then it went away...just a thought...weirder things have happened...good luck...
  8. clgoch187

clgoch187 New Member

did you ever get an alignment after the lift was installed?
  9. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts

X2 on the above sugesstions, & also depending on how much you lifted it this has changed your driveshaft angle & put more strain on your U-joints which will cause vibration to show up where you didn't have it before. If this is your problem, it can be cured by putting tapered shims in the rear between the springs & the spring pads on the axel housing, to change the angle of the rear axel housing & decrease the D S angle back to what it was.
  10. Pflor86

Pflor86 New Member

Thats what i was thinking ... big tires are a little more difficult to balance. i also have had to re balance a tire because of shaking...........hope its just that simple if you do a lot of mudding its very possible to have lost a weight