Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bedliner Line-X Spray your whole truck?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Aug 19, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I've seen several trucks done this way - two F-250s and an F-150. This first time I saw bedliner used outside of the bed, the whole lower half of the truck was covered in it, from the bottom of the windows down. It looks good and of course is durable. It maks a lot of sense to do it on a truck but I'm not so sure about doing it to a Camaro.
  3. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Personally I think it is a absolute horrible idea. Unless your building a rock crawler or a pure work/farm truck and that's all it will be doing then fine. Personally I need contrast and a beautiful shine, not grey/black. The first car I saw was a honda in Wilkes Barre that someone did their self with duplicolor bed armor. Didn't like the look then, and do not like the look now.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

5. kinson33

kinson33 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

To each their own.

if I had the money, I would do it for my avalanche. I would leave the emblems normal though, and probably keep chrome rims on it to break up the black.
  6. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I would think about doing the Bottom side moldings and lower half fenders! For Protection cuz, the Paint is thin...........
  7. kinson33

How much weight do you think that adds to the truck?
  8. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I suspect it adds some weight but probably not as much you'd think. Basically one layer of Line-X versus several layers of primer, paint and clear coat.
  9. kinson33

There have been times already when I wish I had more than the cladding. Trails to campgrounds give the clear coat a nice scuffing. Would be nice to blow right through the brush with less concern
  10. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i was watching storm chasers the other day. the one group had a NNBS sierra done with line-x or rhino liner color matched (summit white i think), unless you where up close you really couldnt tell.

i kinda liked it.

if/when the bottom of my truck gets trashed I may get the bottom third done like alot of people have talked about. I love my bedliner.

Alex