1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Bedliner Line-X Spray your whole truck?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Aug 19, 2013.

1. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Who would want a rough textured vehicle? I like the look of a nice shiny paint job. To each their own.

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

There is a guy driving around a sonoma in my area that he did with one of the home depot kits. It looks terrible! It is all lumpy. After about 2 years it is now peeling and you can see the blue paint below it.

3. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

So he Bubba'd the job, sweet.

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

It's a bold look for sure. What does everyone else think?

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Haha. What do you mean? Like a spray on kit? Hahaha

6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

No, a roll on kit! I will try to get a pic of it

7. ChevyFan

Hahaha. That's got to look whacked.

8. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I would do it to my door panels below the trim, and inside fenders, but it had to be matching color. I hate the black color. I do however like the fact that you dont have to worry about scratches or paint chips. I would never do it to a car though, especially a porsche!

I wonder if its dent proof too lol.

9. kinson33

kinson33 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I have no doubt it would help spread the blow of a hit just like the liner is used in the truck bed. It would have to be some monster hail I bet to dent that paint job. I would do it to my Av once its my full time toy. No worries about scratches on trails or rusting would be sweet.

My buddy did the roll on liner on the inside of his jeep. He is meticulous and its held up well, all about the prep with the home jobs.

10. Jrod89

Jrod89 New Member

I have thought about doing the bottom rocker panels where the paint gets beat up. All of the accessories on my truck are black so I would probably do it black. My local shop quoted me $700 to do it though. Kinda high.