1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bedliner material for Lower boby parts

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by cva617680, Apr 12, 2013.

1. cva617680

cva617680 New Member

Has anyone ever applied any type of Bedliner material to the lower parts of a Silverado's body (wheel wells areas, lower parts of the doors and etc). So to help protect against damage and people who do not respect others property by ramming there doors into my new trucks body.
  2. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

i am in a search for an answer to this as well, but...
    i just recently used some rustoleum bedliner spray on my custom floorboard in my toolbox and the front of the frame of my truck, and i must say I really like the texture it provides, I am really considering coating the bottom quarter of my truck with it because the finish is so nice, and being technically being a "bedliner" spray it provides more protection than paint can offer and would give a neat two tone look as well with the lower quarter being more rugged looking.
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Line-X from the side body line down to and under the rockers (also including the front air dam) has been something I've wanted to do. Spendy, though, and my OBA project currently has priority.
  4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

aha! I would love the same thing, but after I got quoted $250.00 just to do my 4-fender flares, I dared not to ask what the price would be for that...
  5. SurrealOne

~1.2k is what I was quoted.
  6. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

7. SurrealOne

Unsurprising, really. Look at my sig image. See the body line mid-way down the door? The quote was for paint-matched Line-X
    • from the aforementioned body line ... downward (including the fender flares at that line, and downward on the flares),
    • then under the rockers,
    • the supports for the nerf bars (but not the nerfs, themselves),
    • also the inside (fender-well side) of the fender flares AND the flats of the fender flares that face you when looking at my sig pic,
    • wrap around the nose's paint-matched section (under the front bumper),
    • and, finally, wrap around the tail (i.e. under the tail gate, behind the rear bumper).

That's a LOT of masking and prep ... and a good bit of removal/replacement, as well (fog lamps have to come out, front bumper must be removed and then lower fascia on bumper must be removed from it, rear bumper must come off, nerfs must come off, flares must come off and be sprayed separately to do it correctly, etc).

A lot more detail work than just spraying a bed. Most of the added complexity comes from the flares.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  8. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My neighbor Had the lower half of his truck done all the way around with line-x. He did it in black on a dark green f-350. It actually looks pretty good, except for around the rear wheel well where they did not follow the body curve perfectly when they masked it.