1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

beefing up the suspension/ 1500

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by nabisco_12, Jul 18, 2012.

1. nabisco_12

nabisco_12 New Member

Ok i am a satellite installer and i have a contractor topper plus gear and other crap. I just got this truck and its only a 1500. So can i just add a leaf or something to help it hold more or help it hold whats in it? Is the a big difference between a 1500 and a 3/4 ton? just wondering if i could get a 3/4 ton truck rear end and go? or is there more to it? any suggestions? lmk me know guys!
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

You could add the Roadmaster Active Suspension to the rear end of your truck. This will help with the sag in the rear from the weight. The issue though is whether or not your brakes are up to stopping the weight you are carrying!