1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Been a busy day...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Mean_Green_95, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I was heading to my hometown(100 miles away) to go get my wedding license and pay off the wedding hall. I was pulling away from a bank and saw a large water puddle where my truck was. So I popped the hood and found the return line from my heater had broken away from the firewall due to a broken plastic nipple.:gasp: I was able to bypass the heater by going to the walmart net door and buying a 6" by 1/2" stainless steel shower head elbow and shoving it into the hose ends. Then I got to drive the 100 miles and got the license and paid out the rest of the money to the wedding hall.:frown: So I just kept losing money eft and right.

Attached Files:

2. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 New Member 100 Posts

Now thats a Presidential Adjustment.. I'll keep that one in mind.
  3. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Wow, you should have save your money on the License and hall rental.:gasp:
  4. Mean_Green_95

Try to tell the misses that. I wanted a Justice of the Peace but she wanted all the family there. PLus it was her money so I had very litte say. I just wish we hadn't have spent so much.
  5. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Enjoy the process of the marriage, try not to focus on the money so much. I know it's hard, but remember a happy wife is necessary for a happy marriage. Let her live it up some, and grats in advance. :happy:

Awesome fix on the leak by the way. Good thing it's not winter right now.
  6. Mean_Green_95

Thanks for the congrats. And yeah, I try not to worry about the money, just a lil hard with me having the only income. And yeah, I'm just glad I didn't get on the interstate before noticing the leak. And don't worry about winter, I barely used it since I'm in south LA.
  7. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I hear ya..
    AND I HATE YOU.. Heat to us is what AC is to you up here in Northern MN... WE NEED Heat... I get to try and flush my heater core, and if that fails then i need a new one since my heat even in 30degree weather doesnt get real warm... And you never see cold enough to turn it on.. :lol:
    gotta rib ya some... Congrats on the marrage.. i
  8. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Congrats on the marriage and Great McGiver on the hose. :great:
  9. Mean_Green_95

Thanks guys. And I feel lucky to need A/C instead of heat because I cannot stand cold. I'm ok if theres no wind, but when a little breeze picks up, I'm heading inside.
  10. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member 100 Posts

To cuttle with your wife, right?