Been a busy day...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Mean_Green_95, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I was heading to my hometown(100 miles away) to go get my wedding license and pay off the wedding hall. I was pulling away from a bank and saw a large water puddle where my truck was. So I popped the hood and found the return line from my heater had broken away from the firewall due to a broken plastic nipple.:gasp: I was able to bypass the heater by going to the walmart net door and buying a 6" by 1/2" stainless steel shower head elbow and shoving it into the hose ends. Then I got to drive the 100 miles and got the license and paid out the rest of the money to the wedding hall.:frown: So I just kept losing money eft and right.

Attached Files:

2. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Now thats a Presidential Adjustment.. I'll keep that one in mind.

3. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wow, you should have save your money on the License and hall rental.:gasp:

4. Mean_Green_95

Try to tell the misses that. I wanted a Justice of the Peace but she wanted all the family there. PLus it was her money so I had very litte say. I just wish we hadn't have spent so much.

5. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Enjoy the process of the marriage, try not to focus on the money so much. I know it's hard, but remember a happy wife is necessary for a happy marriage. Let her live it up some, and grats in advance. :happy:

Awesome fix on the leak by the way. Good thing it's not winter right now.

6. Mean_Green_95

Thanks for the congrats. And yeah, I try not to worry about the money, just a lil hard with me having the only income. And yeah, I'm just glad I didn't get on the interstate before noticing the leak. And don't worry about winter, I barely used it since I'm in south LA.

7. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I hear ya..
    AND I HATE YOU.. Heat to us is what AC is to you up here in Northern MN... WE NEED Heat... I get to try and flush my heater core, and if that fails then i need a new one since my heat even in 30degree weather doesnt get real warm... And you never see cold enough to turn it on.. :lol:
    gotta rib ya some... Congrats on the marrage.. i

8. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Congrats on the marriage and Great McGiver on the hose. :great:

9. Mean_Green_95

Thanks guys. And I feel lucky to need A/C instead of heat because I cannot stand cold. I'm ok if theres no wind, but when a little breeze picks up, I'm heading inside.

10. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

To cuttle with your wife, right?