1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Been a long, long time

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Custom04Chevy, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Custom04Chevy

Custom04Chevy Rockstar 100 Posts

So I have been really busy lately with school and work, I just haven't had time to do much on my computer and even less time to work on my truck. :grrrrrr:

I have since been fired, for some bs, so I have a little more free time. Only problem is, now that I have more time, I have zero money...

Just thought I would get more involved in the few forums that I look at since I'm now spending so much time on my computer applying for new jobs. Also, anyone in DFW looking for a hard worker, let me know. :rofl:
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome back! What's your trade?
  3. Custom04Chevy

Custom04Chevy Rockstar 100 Posts

I don't really have a trade to be honest. I've worked in retail since I started college and I only had one more semester to go when I got fired. I was thinking about focusing on school this last semester, but I have absolutely no money to pay my bills, so that really isn't an option. My degree is in business management, so my field is pretty wide open. I like computers, especially hardware, and I don't know anything about them, but I love cars. I love working with my hands. My friend and I just got done residing and painting his shed and I really enjoyed doing that.

I honestly have no idea what I really want to do for the rest of my life...
  4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome back, good luck with the job search although this economy and this time of year isn't a good time for job hunting. I work for Target at one of their distribution centers as a maintenance technician, my center is always hiring hourly workers and management personnel, there is a center in Tyler, Texas. Don't know if the proximity is a feasible commute but I just thought I'd throw it out there.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011