Been a long, long time

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Custom04Chevy, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Custom04Chevy

Custom04Chevy Rockstar 100 Posts

So I have been really busy lately with school and work, I just haven't had time to do much on my computer and even less time to work on my truck. :grrrrrr:

I have since been fired, for some bs, so I have a little more free time. Only problem is, now that I have more time, I have zero money...

Just thought I would get more involved in the few forums that I look at since I'm now spending so much time on my computer applying for new jobs. Also, anyone in DFW looking for a hard worker, let me know. :rofl:

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome back! What's your trade?

3. Custom04Chevy

Custom04Chevy Rockstar 100 Posts

I don't really have a trade to be honest. I've worked in retail since I started college and I only had one more semester to go when I got fired. I was thinking about focusing on school this last semester, but I have absolutely no money to pay my bills, so that really isn't an option. My degree is in business management, so my field is pretty wide open. I like computers, especially hardware, and I don't know anything about them, but I love cars. I love working with my hands. My friend and I just got done residing and painting his shed and I really enjoyed doing that.

I honestly have no idea what I really want to do for the rest of my life...

4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome back, good luck with the job search although this economy and this time of year isn't a good time for job hunting. I work for Target at one of their distribution centers as a maintenance technician, my center is always hiring hourly workers and management personnel, there is a center in Tyler, Texas. Don't know if the proximity is a feasible commute but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011