Been away awhile.. : )

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by MoBillyAla, May 10, 2013.

1. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla New Member 100 Posts

Just wanted to say hey to everyone, I haven't been active much in the last few months. In an effort to update, we are about to move to Fort Lewis, WA, leaving behind Fort Drum, NY and are very excited, the past 3 years here have been very taxing to say the least. I haven't done much with my truck either, just trying to drive safely through the winter, and just now getting some preventive checks done before we drive cross country with my bike in the back and pulling a trailer, with my wife driving her car as well. Speaking of my bike, I have done some routine upgrades to it and predominately ride it every chance I get, as long as the weather behaves.

I have been attending school full time on top of work which has included nearly 2.5 to 3 months of near constant field training so my free time has been severely limited..I know I have missed out on some of the activity here and hope everyone is doing well. Hope to have a little more free time once I get signed in to my new unit, and meet up with some GMTC peeps in the Pacific NW region. :glasses:

Billy
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Good to see ya post again.
    I always liked the challenges of moving to a new command and qualifying on everything at a new command, it broke up the monotony of doing the same job year after year.
    Good luck and stay safe on the drive across country.
  3. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla New Member 100 Posts

Thank you, Hopefully my new unit will be better, going from light infantry to Stryker to include radars , so definitely a little bit different daily job routine. I'm sitting at 17 years so more than likely I'll retire at 20 and move back to Austin/San Antonio..(I begged to go back to Ft Hood, but branch wouldn't let me)
  4. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Billy,

Sorry to hear you're leaving NY, although with the laws in this State, I wish I could join you. :)
    Good luck on your new post, and with your move.

Al
  5. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member 100 Posts

Good luck with the move and safe travels to you and your family.