been busy ~ who hasn't? Love my Chevy & GMC Forum

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by mudpuppy, Jul 18, 2011.

1. mudpuppy

mudpuppy Rockstar 100 Posts

hey all. i havent been able to log on for about a month. im in between homes atm but that still has not stopped me from working on the burban. i found alot of engineering faults with the procomp 6inch lift kit and have added about 80-100 of steel to correct these faults. i still have the k-bar links to fab and will post pics in the tech forums once im done.
    i also learned how to rebuild the alt since mine fried and i got a rebuild kit for $23.

The sound system has grown to a near insane level. ill be posting pics of all the new stuff once im done with the pretty up work. to include wires and all i have added near 600lbs of sound equipment. i recently got back with the exwife and she claims that the system gives her multiple pleasurable moments. its powerful enough that 300yards away from the house its knocking stuff off of shelves and dropping pictures from the walls. watch out old people here i come, a red neck blasting country at an extreme level.

my next project is to make new sun visors out of plate aluminum.

after im done with that im installing the cowl induction hood scoop, insulating the interior for acoustic purposes, making a mounting system to support 2 alternators, upgrading the tranny cooler system, and black out the rear windows to prevent window shoppers.

will be posting back with finished pics. take care.

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Sounds awesome! Looking forward to the next update!

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Any new pictures??

4. mudpuppy

yes, i have alot of new pics. ill post some Saturday or Sunday night since my camera is in the gf's car.

5. mudpuppy

i could only find these change pics. ill have to take some news pics of the front suspension upgrades that i made and installed, and the 4 bose 6.5's. the subs are Audioque sdc 12 2.0 series. 2 yellow top batts and 1 red top. about another 150lbs of wires to run everything. rebuilt the alt myself to 180amp output. replaced the stock tranny cooler with a giant after market cooler with a 12inch cooling fan and both thermal and manual control relay system. the current inwork projects are:
    adding an audioque hdc3 12 and build the box as we speak
    adding 4 aq pro-audio 6.5's
    adding 2 aq pro-audio super tweeters
    adding 2 cadence 8inch mid-bass drivers
    already made 4 additional new body mount brackets, still working on distribution plates to assist in supporting all of the additional weight from the sound system.
    rebuilding to stock spec, all new parts even down to the sensors another 350 for when/if this engine ever blows.

like i said before, i have been working on the t-bird for the past 2 years. now its mudpuppy's turn. ill be the loudest redneck in the mud puddle.

Attached Files:

6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

good lord. I know when youll be coming cause my truck will shake apart.

Alex

7. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

:gasp: CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW! lol holy crap that thing has to be loud as all heck

8. mudpuppy

the most i have taken the new subs to is 25% since they are still in there breakin period. theres not a panel on the suburban that is not flexing. the house about 120yards away started having stuff fall off of the walls. the hdc3 12 that im yet adding aswell is about as strong as all 3 of these but cover a different sound range so ill be able to play pretty much any music out there and have it sound loud. its funny attempting to lite a smoke inside of it. these subs travel about 2inches(at 25% only about 1inch) so the air movement while in play is massive and the flame from my zippo is all over the radar. about 4-6more hours of play time at 25% and ill get to see what kind of damage these things can do at 80%. just out of concern for the eec i removed the mounting brackets and wrapped it in 2inch foam to decrease the vibrations. i plan to do a video, even though for loud systems videos typically sound horribe you can still see how much power it has by how much to conclude the glass that it flexes. i just cant wait for the first traffic jam so i can play some opera hehe. :sign0020:

9. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Give us the heads up when you crank em up. I want to go out side and see if I hear em!

10. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I definitely want to see a video of this when you get it all together, crank it all the way up and see what damage you can do! :sign0011: