Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

been busy ~ who hasn't? Love my Chevy & GMC Forum

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by mudpuppy, Jul 18, 2011.

1. mudpuppy

mudpuppy Rockstar 100 Posts

thats a good idea. when im pretty much done with this massive project ill construct a back to back photo album.

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I think I know why your alt went out. :)

3. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

No red flags there . are there? :rofl:

4. mudpuppy

ya i need to update my list to. i have since changed out the plans a few times since this list. im running about 10times more powerful equipment than whats on this list.
    the bose mids are gone, the 2.0's sounded good but they are gone and ill be placing the 4th hdc3 12 d1 in the suburban in the morning. there will be 10 6.5 AQ pro mids and 2 super tweeters. 4 batteries. 1 stock 115amp alt and currently being put together a 350amp alt(ill be using both). just worked out a deal for a flip out 7inch screen dvd/gps/cd/usb head unit with rear mount camera. my 2 big ars prototype amps will be producing about 5-6k wrms for the 4 hdc3 12's. i have 2 600X1 amps for the mids. and i also have an extra(5th) hdc3 12 that i might get another amp for and mount it up to.

to top this off i already had enough audio gear that i decided not to use in the suburban to build an entire system for in the tbird. so yes on top of all of this madness i have been also doing some work with my car to. :)

having ocd in technical applications can get to be rather crazy. or is it that im normal and everyone is crazy :eek:

5. Coach24

:rofl: Yup thats just funny

6. mudpuppy

well all of my audio system is now installed. the level of sound is mind ripping. i still have some interior projects to finish before photo time and then ill be starting a new thread tittled OPERATION END GAME with back to back pics of pretty much everything i have been doing. the next big projects with this thing will be painting, a custom cowl induction hood and some undercarriage work.

7. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I don't know why I didn't read this thread sooner. Holy crap that's a lot of work you're putting in that burban. I love seeing that. That's my plan with my 09. As much as I'm interested to see what the 2014 model year has to offer, I've always loved the idea of having a truck that is completely mine in design and customizations rather than the same truck millions of others have. Nice job.

8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

quoted for truth!

mudpuppy, that burban wil be rocking, thats for sure.

and jeremy, I completly feel ya on making it YOUR truck vs. the same as most everyone else. part of the reason I custom painted the rims I got, so its MY truck vs. a white 05 sierra with rockstars or soemthing, cause those are common, my rims are one of a kind.

Alex

9. Coach24

Yup. Nothing like one of a kind , head turning,or scratching, to get the attention of others . Those mos on the burb really will have the burb a rocking as well as anything he passes by with it cranked up
    Video it so we get the full effects

10. mudpuppy

well thank you very much. the scary part of this is the suburban has maybe 1/50th of the mods and custom fabrications done to it compared to my t-bird. so far the suburban project has only been since about last sept. i spent 3.5 years on the tbird project. i can never sell the tbird to anyone, it has so may mods that even some of the more advanced technicians would be puzzled. for example, custom tuning an obd1 eec. everyone and there dog has and still do tell me it cant be done. all you can do it burn chips. well umm not only do i tune at will, i also have the adaptive learning based on my note book hooked up to the primary eec. because of how far i went with the car it will not go into adaptive learning and will stay in default until the note book is plugged into it. there are 814 perimeters of which i can control and adjust.

as for the suburban this is just the audio system that is finally drawing to an end. i still have a long list of things to do. 1 of which the engine is in question. i have a few different idea's bouncing around atm. 1 would be to drop a 4.3l v-6 vortec multi-port injection with a rear mount turbo. another idea is another near stock 350 with massively modded heads and an m112 blower or possibly a 1.7 auto rotor blower. all and all im thinking total projects will be done around 2013. the big thing about the audio project is this has so far been the most extreme audio system that i have ever built. still currently working on brake in of the subs and fine tuning the system in general. i attempted a video but my camera is not good enough for such sound levels so the recording just sounds like horrible distortions. i need to find a better camera if i can either way im still going to set up an album just for the project being completed. there will also be alot of mods that can not be soon without opening some things up so im going to attach to the album a full list of mods. and by all means, im not scared to share info on what and how i did things. so if anyone wants to know how something was done, then by all means please pm me and ill work up a response the best i can.