Been gone a while but I'm back!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by redneckarmyMP, Jul 30, 2013.

1. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Hey guys, been off the grid for a while. But I'm back! Still have the same ol' 2004 4x4. It's about the same except for the deer slayer I added to the front! Any way I've been thinking about finding a newer Z71. Any year models of features I need to avoid on the 07s and up?

Attached Files:

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

welcome back!

3. redneckarmyMP

Thanks Steve! I have yet to find a more informative site so I know I've found the right place

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome back Redneck.
    If I was buying 07 and up Id probably avoid 07 to 09 5.3 equiped models, not they all have the oil issue but why take a chance, especially since you wont know why the previous owner sold it.
    6.0 models seem relatively trouble free.

5. redneckarmyMP

Thanks I was actually leaning more towards the 6.0 anyhow. I've got the 4.8 in the current truck and I'm certainly looking for more power. I figured if I couldn't afford to spend a little extra on gas then I probably couldn't afford the new truck haha I found a nice red 2010 crew Z71 with low miles but it was gone before I got out there to see it. So I'm on the hunt again.

6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome back to the club!!

6.0 is the way to go, gas mileage isn't that bad. 14-17 avg. for me.