1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Been gone a while but I'm back!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by redneckarmyMP, Jul 30, 2013.

1. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP New Member

Hey guys, been off the grid for a while. But I'm back! Still have the same ol' 2004 4x4. It's about the same except for the deer slayer I added to the front! Any way I've been thinking about finding a newer Z71. Any year models of features I need to avoid on the 07s and up?

Attached Files:

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

welcome back!
  3. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP New Member

Thanks Steve! I have yet to find a more informative site so I know I've found the right place
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Welcome back Redneck.
    If I was buying 07 and up Id probably avoid 07 to 09 5.3 equiped models, not they all have the oil issue but why take a chance, especially since you wont know why the previous owner sold it.
    6.0 models seem relatively trouble free.
  5. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP New Member

Thanks I was actually leaning more towards the 6.0 anyhow. I've got the 4.8 in the current truck and I'm certainly looking for more power. I figured if I couldn't afford to spend a little extra on gas then I probably couldn't afford the new truck haha I found a nice red 2010 crew Z71 with low miles but it was gone before I got out there to see it. So I'm on the hunt again.
  6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Welcome back to the club!!

6.0 is the way to go, gas mileage isn't that bad. 14-17 avg. for me.