1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Been MIA for a while! Ice storm took out power. Pics included

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Pikey, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Last Saturday 12/21 at 11:00 pm am ice storm knocked my power out. I woke up to find my cable, internet, and power line that ran from the pole to my home was ripped off when a tree shredded in my back yard. It took me 6 hours to clean up with my chainsaw. I did not get power returned until Christmas night around 7:00 pm. I just had internet and cable restored about an hour ago. I did have a generator running space heaters and 1 refrigerator. The lack of power did put a damper on some of our Christmas plans, we were supposed to leave for Cleveland Monday night and return Tuesday night. We opted to try to keep the house warm until Tuesday morning, drove to Cleveland and back home. When we got home it was 41 degrees in our house. I had to back feed to my furnace to get the heat up asap. I did not get pics of the trees doen on the other side of our fence.

IMG_1763.jpg IMG_1764.jpg IMG_1781.jpg IMG_1780.jpg IMG_1784.jpg
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Good you saved my swig set.. Glad to see your OK
  3. Pikey

That top beam is a 6 x 6! Each swing hold s 250 lbs. It handled a few large branches well.
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Man....those Ice Storms can do some Serious Damage!!.....x2 on Glad to Hear you-n-your family are OK...
  5. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Glad you guys are ok. That could've been a lot worse
  6. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Just drive your truck over all that mess. You'll have a newly mulched yard in no time! :glasses:
  7. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member

Glad ur okay. We didn't lose power nor did anyone around us. We just got the rain. If you still need a hand, let me know. I've got monday and Tuesday off
  8. Pikey

Thanks man. I actually thought about it while I was cleaning up. Of course every time I have an old fashioned chainsaw party at my house all my friends and family disappear. Then I realized that I really had no internet access as I do not have a smart phone.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Ice storm! Nothing like going back in time 150 years. Glad you got it all restored.
  10. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

Glad your back up Mike, that storm caused a lot of damage. We had thousands of people off the grid, started on Monday night. Some are still without power. The provincial utility had to recruit crews from NS and PEI.