Been on Road Trip Lately?

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by Als09Sierra, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Anyone gone on any good road trips lately? It's been awhile since I've hit the road, and I would like to live vicariously through others.

2. 2000sierra

2000sierra Member

We went on a road trip from southwest , washington to yellowstone national park with our 23 foot pioneer trailer and my 2000 GMC SIERRA SLE 5.3. We had a great time and can't wait till the next trip to yellowstone.

3. Als09Sierra

Nice. My last road trip was out West between Vegas, Utah (Zion, Bryce and Escalante) and the Grand Canyon. I'd love to go back and do more backpacking out West.

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

No road trips lately.. Just running between Duluth Mn, and Rochester MN, to go to the Mayo Clinic for my wife.. And the last real road trip was last Sept. Went on a fishing trip from Cloquet MN to the Gunflint Trail on the Border between MN and Canada.. About 500 miles total round trip, and not one single fish caught all weekend! IT rained and my boat broke down on the lake. And it was Friggin cold. Not a lot of fun really.
    I wore myself out on long road trips going from Ga to MN and back all the time when i was living in Ga and going on leave to MN.

5. Als09Sierra

6. rip5164

rip5164 Rockstar 100 Posts

We're going to the Smokies this weekend for the first time. Takin' the 'rado so we'll see how the mileage works out. 600 miles one way so we should get a good idea. Just turned 8,000 miles on her (the truck) so she's definitely gettin' used. Best part is our son is staying home!! Yeehaaaaa!!!!

7. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

My daughter and I (and my ex-wife! :no: ..I know) took a trip back up to NW Arkansas and the Ozarks back in July. I got to do a little fishing, floating, and hiking while they visited with her family. Also made it to Tulsa, OK to visit the ex-inlaws. I put just under 2400 miles on the truck this time, and I'm still impressed on how nice it rides!!

8. rip5164

Smokey Mountains ROCKED!!! Mileage was hard to figure as we sat for 3 hours in Pigeon Forge on the way home. I try to figure overall mileage. We plan on going back next year just on at a different time of year.

9. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

went to Roswell NM, about a week ago to pick up my new car..averaged about 12mpg in the truck on the way down there..and 32 on the way back in the alero, overall it was a pretty good trip except the 1600mi round trip drive..

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

I remember going to yellowstone a while back...its been a few years but I heard its really gone downhill...is that true? such a shame I remember it being such a nice place..

10. rip5164

I remember going to yellowstone a while back...its been a few years but I heard its really gone downhill...is that true? such a shame I remember it being such a nice place..[/QUOTE]

That would figure. We would like to do a Yellowstone trip soon as we've never been there. When you say "downhill" what do you refer to?