1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Been on Road Trip Lately?

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by Als09Sierra, Aug 13, 2010.

1. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

We just returned from Cody, WY., which is just outide of Yellowstone. It was about an 8 hour trip one-way from Denver. My father in-law just moved up near there and it has some spectacular views and tons of wildlife (mostly proghorns). When we arrived, it was also the first day of hunting season, which made for some additional and interesting scenery.
  2. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sounds good. An 8 hr trip for me gets me just past New York City. :)
    I've been out to Jackson Hole, and it is amazing out there. Love Denver too, especially the skiing at A-Basin and Copper Mtn. Great city too.
  3. mfleetwood

We go camping several times a year and space (or lack of) has and continues to be a problem. A couple of items though that have really helped us out are the rubbermaids action-packer containers (we use 4 of 48" width ones) that stack on top of each other and the cargo carrier that fits in the tow hitch. It's amazing how much space these items free up in the bed of the truck.

[​IMG][​IMG]
  4. Als09Sierra

Great ideas. I saw a company online had those aluminum carriers on-sale recently. I'll have to look into that some more. I like the idea of the stackable containers too. Do they fit on the carrier, or do you use those in the bed?
  5. mfleetwood

Yes, they fit on the carrier, with about a foot to spare. I stack two there and place a couple of 7 gallon water jugs on the side of the containers using the extra space. The other two, I stack together in the bed. I also added rope w/plastic tubes as handles to the containers. It makes it very easy to load and unload the truck as well as stores our camping gear.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

I hear you about getting out of NY. Heck, last time I was there, it took me forever to get out of La Guardia and then over one of those expensive bridges. But the city is great...I do enjoy going there.
  6. Als09Sierra

I joke about it, but it's nice to be close to the City. I've always loved the mountains though, and think about it when I'm sitting in traffic. Then again, I'm not in LA.
  7. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Haha, New York to California was my road trip last month. It was a interested experience thats for sure...wish I coulda spent more time seeing things along the way, but it was neat seeing the scenery change around me as I went through all the different states.
  8. mfleetwood

Must have been an awesome trip. That is one thing on my list to do.....coast to coast. How long did it take you?