1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Before and After

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by stewart7225, Dec 31, 2011.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. stewart7225

stewart7225 Member

I've just about got the exterior of the pickup looking like I want it (probably as much as will get done for a while) so I took it out for a photoshoot when some storms rolled through the other day. I thought I would throw in some pictures from shortly after I bought it. It doesn't even look like the same pickup anymore. About the only things left for the exterior are some new tires (goodyear wrangler silent armor) which will be here this spring, silver bowties, and mounting the spare tire in the bed.

Before:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Austin

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Ok I see new Halo head lights.. What else was done?

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

He got a new toolbox as well..

Trucks looking good so far, you'll be happy with the spare in the bed. I had my spare tire seize up under the bed, and I ended up cutting the brace that holds it up there and now mine is in the bed lol!

4. 747

747 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

You have done some nice changes

5. stewart7225

stewart7225 Member

Yup, got the wild idea to check and see if my spare would lower yesterday afternoon, 3 hours later and still no luck. Im gonna try again this afternoon but will just end up cutting the wire. Found this setup online and am going to use this to secure it in the bed.

mountempty_lge.jpg

Here this is a better before picture, this was about a week after I got it. The only thing added in this picture is the mud flaps.

[​IMG]

6. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Awesome truck - love those new headlights. Really sets off the front of your truck.

And the picture in the post above me is beautiful, and I don't just mean the truck. Love the cornfields with the long dirt road and huge blue sky. Makes me want to move out of nasty Ohio someday and live in gorgeous Kansas or Oklahoma

7. stewart7225

stewart7225 Member

Thanks for the compliments guys, the headlights are probably the number one thing people notice and I finally got some better lights put in them so they are just as bright as the originals now. I have a set of running boards to put on this weekend and one other project if I have time. Ill get some new photos put up at some point.

I got my new spare tire holder put it, im not sure about how it makes the truck look overall :/ It will be better after I get the (already rusty) spare painted up. The tire holder is solid, i've gone through some rough areas after getting it put in and it has still yet to come lose. Tire is bolted and secured in place. Couple of pictures below:

[​IMG]

Best part, no holes drilled into the pickup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also did a little photoshop to see how a black grille would look, the chrome on my grille is peeling and I want to replace it with something that will last so I have been looking around for a work truck black grille. I think it will work out with a silver bowtie, might also consider some billet inserts. Just need to wait and see how it turns out with the running boards before doing anything else.

[​IMG]

8. jake's silverado

jake's silverado Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

He has removed the plastic valance on the front under the bumper!
    Yup I agree nice Picture...

9. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Truck is looking sharp Stewart! The headlights are definitely the first thing I noticed too.

X3 on that being a great spot to take pics, the scenery is so cool looking with the sky like that.

Can't wait to see some pics w/ the running boards and the spare cleaned up. Keep up the good work.