1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Before i make another mistake on my 87 7.4 tbi R20 Silverado

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by aficio400, Dec 2, 2010.

1. aficio400

aficio400 New Member

the truck is up and running, but tonight I pulled the last fuel selector valve apart to see how it is built and noticed that it had a motor that made the change. The truck came with a fixed tank switch and not a temporary selector. So my first thought was that i put in a motorized valve years ago and that is why i had problems right away. I have both types of switches so that is easy enough. But my fear is will a temporary switch work on my system? I think if i try to run the fixed switch it will burn the selector valve out again. But i am not sure electrically it can run with the temp switch, it may switch the valve but i do not think i will have power to the pumps. maybe i am off base on this one any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Found the answer, I remembered that the unit I bought was a kit, for the extra wiring harness and it came with a switch. So I checked them and I have the right setup.