1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Before work adventure!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by rileyjr16, Jan 7, 2014.

Random Gallery Photos

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Had a little adventure on the way to work this morning. And I must say it was a freezin cold adventure. Had a bit of predicament early this morning. On the way to work, the truck started to overheat. Figured there is still water in the coolant which there is a very high probability that that is correct. Pulled off the interstate hoping that I could let it idle to cool down. Didn't work, so I turned off the truck, let it sit for about 5 minutes, battery was too low in voltage to turn over. No biggie right? Since I have duty and all right? No not at all. Luckily, VaDOT has hundreds of patrol trucks looking specifically for people like me. The man had a jump box, and I had some antifreeze still in my tool box. He jumped my truck off and I poured as much antifreeze in the tank as I could. Did this work you wonder? If currently parked in a neighborhood under a street lamp says I'm hoping that it did then I'm hoping and praying that it did. I'm currently late for work which I'll probably be yelled at for circumstances beyond my control. Other than that, hhere are some pictures for your enjoyment.

Attached Files:

2. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

so did you make it??? I always wonder how many people have issues with their anti-freeze being up to par when its this cold. Currently here at my house my temperature says -11.2f. I think it warmed up a degree since I got up an hour ago. 0107140757a.jpg
  3. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 New Member 100 Posts

My truck didnt want to start last night, itnqas about -12 without wind chill. Got to work and my co-workers car wouldn't start because of it.his wife picked him up and then blew a tire on the way home...poor guy
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Time to call out the super watch stander!!
    Aint it a pain this kind of thing always happens when ya got watch.
    At least you can always lean on Navy Relief to give ya a hand if its serious, Id feel better knowing my annual donation goes to help someone I know that really needs the help.

- - - Updated - - -

Riley, I know Ive asked ya this before but humor a 49yr old senile fxxx, what rate are you?
  5. rileyjr16

Still undes [MENTION=14295]tbplus10[/MENTION] trying to go AT or AE. Thinkin the thermostat froze shut this morning. Temp drop LOW when it was idling.
  6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

riley if it makes you feel any better, my truck ran just fine in the cold.......:glasses:

Alex
  7. rileyjr16

Hey I know where you live ;)
  8. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member 100 Posts

Hey Sierra, were you out around Hampton yesterday?
  9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

nope. didnt go that way, went to target in VB last night for some groceries.

and riley, you may know where I live, but im armed.....

Alex
  10. rileyjr16

Lol me too. Finally catchin up to me ;). You came to the military highway one?