Beginning upgrades on my 2010 Chevy Crew 4x4

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by tballs4x4, Nov 19, 2010.

1. tballs4x4

tballs4x4 New Member

Hello everyone... I've got a 2010 Chevy Crew long bed 4x4 LT. 6.0L engine with 6 speed auto tranny. I believe I've got the 3.73 gears. Imperial Blue Metallic. I'm looking to possible lift it alittle and add some wheels and tires. Any recommendations on the lift height or tire sizes with say a 6 inch lift? Will the 6.0L with those gears be able to push larger tires with a lift? I'm just looking for a proportionate look without modifying any of the drivetrain. Any ideas?

I also have the gm running boards, so I'm going to need some mud flaps... any ideas of a company that provides a durable and nice looking mud flap?

Any thoughts on upgrading from the standard mirrors to the towing mirrors with built in blinkers?

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

First off, congrats on the truck and welcome to the GMTC! For a 6-in. lift, 35's would look good and fill the wheel wells nicely. The 6.0L should be fine stock to push 35's and as for the mud flaps, I would check out Dee Zee, they have many different styles of mud flaps, smooth/ textured plastic, diamond plate etc. just to name a few.

3. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

x2 on 6 inch lift and 35s

I would take off the factory running boards and put some after market ones that will drop down further .. imo

There is a chart floating around here with gear ratios and rpms to show what gear would be best for power or fuel economy. I can't see to find it though...

4. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

X3 on the 6" lift and 35s