Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Being 16 sucks.

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by pmf608, Sep 21, 2009.

1. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ive been wanting a 4x4 truck that would look good with a bit of a lift for a while. I think my 01 2wd would look weird with a lift. found a nice 2003 2500hd extended cab short box with the 6.0 today for $7500 canadian - it has 255,000km but thats 25k less than my truck. at 16, i cant afford a cost difference for a different vehicle and i dont want my insurance to go up for having a bigger, fancier truck. on the other had, my truck has sentimental value to me as my first truck. i know one person who offered me $8000 for it a few weeks ago, but i dont think they are in the market for a new truck now. i dont know what i want and its just a mess of wanting something better. ugh...

Just though i'd throw that out there.:lol:
  2. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Save up and buy another one? Ive wanted a lifted truck forever, but I dont want to sell mine since theres a lot of sentimental value . So I can either lift it or save a few years and get a 4wd. You could always try a 4wd conversion?
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I am dead serious about this, If you sell your truck I will give you whatever amount of money you want for that overhead console you have. That is priceless to me! As far as the 4x4 truck goes, yeah there nice but do you really need it? I bought a new 04' 2500HD way back, and it was nice until stuff started breaking on it and then it wasn't so nice. Everything is heavy duty and expensive, even the brake job will be twice as much! I wouldn't think that would be good for you as young as you are, but to each there own!

I'm serious about that console! :glasses:
  4. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to my world. I've wanted a 4x4 diesel for years, better economically and I can do all the repairs myself. But I settled with my 95 Cheyenne C1500 b/c it had 127k and a 305 and 5 speed. That was when I was 16, now I'm 21, and I still have that truck. The only reason I don't drive it every day is b/c I need to replace the clutch since it has at least 88k on it, and my brother gave my Sierra, so...
  5. bigburb

bigburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Dude, I know exactly how you feel (only I'm 18). I really want an actual truck (73-87 style) in good shape with a little lift. But, my suburban was my first "truck", and I've put so much work into it and it's been dead-on reliable for me it would break my heart to sell it. But if it could make someone else as happy as it made me and give them as much use as I did I would be happy with that too. I threw the old 'burb up on craigslist this weekend just to see if I get anything. Not in a hurry to sell it or anything though. :lol:
  6. ZSI52

Ive been looking at the SS's a lot lately. I want one so bad haha, but I don't think I would live through the night if I sold my truck haha. My mom, brother, and grandpa helped me buy my truck. On the bright side though KBB says its worth 17,000 lol.
  7. pmf608

The SS's are sweet, an as much as i like sport trucks, the big ones with a mild lift are more my style. on the other hand, some trucks wouldnt look good one way or the other (like i dont thing my regular cab long box in red would look good if it was lifted). And then i get to thinking - for what i need a lifted 2wd would be fine, but i were to get a different truck id probably get a 4wd just for those occasional times that you need it. I drove a truck a couple months ago that i would love to have... 2008 silverado 3500HD duramax, blue granite, ext. cab long box dually, LTZ full load, except nav. but for $45,000 I know thats wayyy into the future. I still struggle with the though of upgrading though unless i can pay it without selling mine because i dont know that the next owner would care for it the same way. the only reason i have that truck instead of some old beater is because i got it from my stepdad for $1500.
    What I really want though is something i can have a center console in and still haul more than 2 people without having to fab up a rollcage inside the canopy and throw my old seats in the back.

Give me $7500 for it and its yours. :lol:
    Seriously though, it would be a super easy upgrade for you - youre familiar with wiring and the proper mounting spots for the clips are already in place on your extended cab. You could add the same thing for fairly cheap. On the other hand, if all goes well and im still driving this truck (probably will be) next summer, i might replace it with one of the shorter sunroof ones if i can put the money together to have a sunroof put in.

just removed the link - apparently it sold. solves my dilemma for now.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  8. ZSI52

73-87 were some of the best years. My dad had a dark brown 86 Silverado 4WD with like a 3 inch lift. We would go off roading every weekend. Its so much fun.
  9. pmf608

one of the older ones is what i probably would have ended up with (or some old ford crap) if i hadnt got a deal on the one i have.
    i would still like a 73ish 3/4 ton crew cab eventually for a project - id put a gm 572 crate engine in (620hp or something stock) and upgrade the drivetrain and transmission. i think that would be a sweet rig.
  10. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i know what you mean about the sentimental value.i kept my 92 GMC jimmy i drove back in high school.its ugly as hell but i just cant bring myself to get rid of it