Bench to Bucket Transplant

Discussion in 'How-to Guides' started by Mean_Green_95, May 1, 2009.

1. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hey guys, I just picked up some buckets and a console for $150 out of a '98 Z71 to swap into my '95 Cheyenne. I just thought that I would share some pics, like the before and after I cleaned them, before and after the install, and the final product. What do yall think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mean_Green_95

Heres some before and after pics of me cleaning the console. I had to take care of my gf since she had her wisdom teeth removed, so I was cleaning it in my living room while she was resting on the couch...
    This is the console before I cleaned it...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Mean_Green_95

Heres a pic of the bench seat
    [​IMG]

and another
    [​IMG]

Here's both seats out
    [​IMG]

And heres both the seats in
    [​IMG]

I had to paint the rails because they had a little bit of surface rust. I just hit them with a wire brush, wiped them off, then sprayed them with rustoleum after I used a garbage bad to tape off the seat.
    I still have to mount the console, but I might not use it because I built a speaker box that was also a center console. I'm not sure which one to use just yet. I'll let yall know.

4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Looking nice.... Baton Rouge, eh? I'm just a hop, skip, and a jump away :)

5. Mean_Green_95

:lol:, well I'm actually in Pearl River right now,which is on the North Shore, but I move to Baton Rouge on the 1st...

6. Crawdaddy

ah, even closer. I'm actually in Slidell myself :) You off of Hwy 41?

7. Mean_Green_95

I'm close to it, about 2.5 miles. do you know where the Christmas tree farm is? Where at in Slidell? I work at the Jiffy Lube next to Whitney Bank and Daiquiri and Company.

8. Crawdaddy

The christmas tree farm on military? Yeah. Oh yeah, I know that shop. Never been there, but I've seen it a million times. Forgot there was a Whitney down on that side. I'm over by the mall.

9. Mean_Green_95

I'm talking about the Christmas tree farm in Pearl River. I live like 3 miles from Pearl River High School. But yeah, the Jiffy Lube where I work is probably the best oil chnge place in Slidell. I've been to others and they just suck.

10. PDW

PDW New Member

Nice swap

I had a Cheyenne pickup for a few years myself and always wanted to swap out the bench. I love the cheyenne floor!!

Did you paint your interior? I noticed it is all black. How hard was that to do? The interior in my suburban could use some freshening up.