1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bench to Bucket Transplant

Discussion in 'How-to Guides' started by Mean_Green_95, May 1, 2009.

1. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hey guys, I just picked up some buckets and a console for $150 out of a '98 Z71 to swap into my '95 Cheyenne. I just thought that I would share some pics, like the before and after I cleaned them, before and after the install, and the final product. What do yall think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Mean_Green_95

Heres some before and after pics of me cleaning the console. I had to take care of my gf since she had her wisdom teeth removed, so I was cleaning it in my living room while she was resting on the couch...
    This is the console before I cleaned it...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  3. Mean_Green_95

Heres a pic of the bench seat
    [​IMG]

and another
    [​IMG]

Here's both seats out
    [​IMG]

And heres both the seats in
    [​IMG]

I had to paint the rails because they had a little bit of surface rust. I just hit them with a wire brush, wiped them off, then sprayed them with rustoleum after I used a garbage bad to tape off the seat.
    I still have to mount the console, but I might not use it because I built a speaker box that was also a center console. I'm not sure which one to use just yet. I'll let yall know.
  4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Looking nice.... Baton Rouge, eh? I'm just a hop, skip, and a jump away :)
  5. Mean_Green_95

:lol:, well I'm actually in Pearl River right now,which is on the North Shore, but I move to Baton Rouge on the 1st...
  6. Crawdaddy

ah, even closer. I'm actually in Slidell myself :) You off of Hwy 41?
  7. Mean_Green_95

I'm close to it, about 2.5 miles. do you know where the Christmas tree farm is? Where at in Slidell? I work at the Jiffy Lube next to Whitney Bank and Daiquiri and Company.
  8. Crawdaddy

The christmas tree farm on military? Yeah. Oh yeah, I know that shop. Never been there, but I've seen it a million times. Forgot there was a Whitney down on that side. I'm over by the mall.
  9. Mean_Green_95

I'm talking about the Christmas tree farm in Pearl River. I live like 3 miles from Pearl River High School. But yeah, the Jiffy Lube where I work is probably the best oil chnge place in Slidell. I've been to others and they just suck.
  10. PDW

PDW New Member

Nice swap

I had a Cheyenne pickup for a few years myself and always wanted to swap out the bench. I love the cheyenne floor!!

Did you paint your interior? I noticed it is all black. How hard was that to do? The interior in my suburban could use some freshening up.