1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bench to bucket

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by MD4x4 Fireman, Oct 23, 2007.

1. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Will buckets mount in my truck without drilling holes, right now it has a bench. I already bought buckets so no matter what i am putting them in.
  2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Find a truck or Burb in the bone yard and have them cut out the inboard mount bolts and the sheet metal risers that are welded to the floor.

Then you can have them welded in or you may even be able to use self taping sheet metal screws.

You may also be able to buy the part new in one of the body parts repair catalogs at your local parts stores.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  3. doubt_me_now

doubt_me_now Member

when i put buckets in my truck it only had 2 holes on each side of the cab for the original bench seat i had to drill the rest of the holes out what i did was j b welded the new nuts to my cab and then used thread lock
  4. MD4x4 Fireman

thank you to both of you. i think i am gonna just do like doubt_me_now and bolt them in without welding anything. since i dont have a welder or ability to take is somewhere since the truck has no tags
  5. MD4x4 Fireman

well i got the bench out and like doubt_me_now said it only had the 2 holes, i think i might take the bracket of the bench and put a piece acrossed since there is a 2in diff from the outter and inner bolts