GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

best all around

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by chevy03, Nov 4, 2012.

1. chevy03

chevy03 New Member

whats the best all around programmer for my 03 chevy silverado?
  2. sierra11

sierra11 New Member

custom tune, Diablo or BlackBear are the best so don't get a canned tune you won't be able to tell a difference with those
  3. stchman

stchman New Member

On my 2008 Silverado, I used the Hypertech Max Energy Power Programmer. My 5.3 Silverado went from a quick truck to a really quick truck. I could certainly tell a difference. It also allowed me to get rid of that stupid 90MPH governor.

The thing about doing your own tune is unless you have a dyno and other diagnostic equipment, you won't know if you've edited the settings properly. Also, if you edit some settings inproperly, you can really mess the engine up.
  4. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS New Member

the diablosport intune or trinity would both work for your truck...

they have the most end-user adjustability of any handheld... more complete/full data logging (full parameter list, not limited like others)... PLUS, you can get custom tuning done for it/your truck, which you can't do with others - you are stuck with whatever tunes they give you on it.

I have them available, and also offer a package deal that includes my custom tuning at a reduced cost so you'd save some $$.

Hit me up if interested...

thanks!
    -Lew