1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Best all season tires?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Slumlord, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Slumlord

Slumlord New Member

Hello all,

just wondering what the best all season tires out there for a light truck is? Reading tirerack reviews it seems like the General Grabber HTS are getting rave reviews for the price. Anyone have these tires, that can shed some light on them? I currently have Firestone wilderness as oem and looking for something better. Thanks in advance.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Pretty tough to beat Michelins, or BFG ATs if you need something a little more aggressive.

3. grimreapersshadow

grimreapersshadow Rockstar 100 Posts

bfg's allterrain is good also dayton timberline at2's are great also put some of them grabbers on a dodge a few days ago wasnt really impressed with em i tend stay away from them and conti's

4. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Love my Nitto Terra Grapplers--no complaints summer or winter or mud!!

5. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I will most likely go with Goodyear dura tracs, these are to be the best winter tire hands down and is in between, an A/T tire a M/T tire so it has everything, and what i have read and been directly told from users that have had BFGs is that they are queiter on the road then the GFG, they are little spendy though but comaprable to the BFG

6. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

when i got my stock 17s i wanted the stock tires they come with from the dealer, so i went and got the ameritrac's theyre good tires..... i cant give a good review on it since it doesnt snow where i live.

7. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The best snow tires are similar the Firestone tread you have on your truck. The stagger-block style tread like BFG's and the like works great off road in dirt, mud and rocks. However the conventional tread all season style of tire works better in snow and ice than the stagger-block style tread. Don't get me wrong the BFG's ATs are a great tire as are similar style treads. By the way the BFG Mud Terrains suck in the snow! <G>

8. Slumlord

Slumlord New Member

Lots of great info and advice, thanks guys... If you read tirerack reviews, the Grabbers are the highest rated truck tires period! :neutral: