Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Best ALL Terrain for your $$$

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ethan1029, Apr 16, 2010.

1. ethan1029

ethan1029 Member

I've got some new wheels on the way and I got a new job that's gonna make me do a lot more driving on the road. I want to switch from a MT to an AT tire, but need one that looks good and wears well. Any suggestions?

I was considering the Terra Grappler and the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ, but saw some bad reviews about the treadwear on the Terra Grapplers. Any thoughts on these tires or any other suggestions?

Thank you

2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Check out the Good Year Duratrac's. I have them and love them.

[​IMG]

3. drwdominance

drwdominance Rockstar

Cooper Zeon LTZ's. I have em and love em.

4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

If youre looking for mileage I know a lot of people that have gone near 100k on a set of bfg's. Other than that I have had good luck with yokohama, but everything is up for opinion. only heard good things for the terra grapplers as well.

5. 2009z71

2009z71 Member

what kinda tires you runnin now? and how big are teh rims...cuz if tehy are around 33s and fit 18s...ill take em :)

but IMO...ive always run bfg all terrains on my trucks...all my buddies have if they have all terrains

one of my buddies has a 2000 silverado z71 with terra grapplers...and he HATES them

he nicknamed teh terra crapplers

first hand experiance...ive always loved bfg a/ts...and not the crapplers

6. at4rxj

at4rxj New Member

I've had terra grapplers, and they wear extremely fast. I've run BFG AT's on everything from a Jeep to a F250 super duty, and have had excellent results, both with on and off road traction, wear, and ride. Keep them balanced and rotated and your truck aligned, and they'll last a loooong time.

I will probably be putting these on my silverado once I decide whether or not to do a leveling kit. I've also been looking at the goodyears though... They look nice.

7. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I just got a new AWD 2010 GMC Savana. I was looking at Toyo Open Country At's, Goodyear Silent Armours, Bridgestone Revo 2's, Nitto Grapplers, Cooper Zeon's and BFG A/T KO's.
    I have had the BFG's on a Jeep Grandf Cherokee up at Tahoe and loved them in the snow and off road, Highway driving was excellent and they lasted forever. For my new Savana I was looking at a lot of tires. I decided to take the safe bet and go with what I know works and is tried, tested and proven the BFG AT's. I am sooooooooooooo happy I did. The BFG AT's are a 10ply Light Truck tire and run GREAT! I have had them up to 80 on the highway and they run smooth. They run just as smooth as the General passenger tires.
    LOVE the BFG A/T KO's.

Just get the BFG A/T's and Enjoy!

8. ethan1029

ethan1029 Member

thank you all for the help. and im sorry my tires were on stock 17s haha. if they'd fit 18s id be happy to get them to you

9. GaryG

GaryG Rockstar 100 Posts

I have the Goodyear duratracs an I love them. I've read that ppl r getting between 30-40k out of these tires.

10. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would go with the BFG All Terrain. Also, the new Goodyear Duratracs are apparently great too. I havnt heard one bad thing about em yet.