best all terrain tire

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by eshmend, May 6, 2009.

1. eshmend

eshmend New Member

i have a stock 04 silverado Z71 with 265/70/17R bridgestone dueler ats what would be the best all terrain and tire size for a new set of tires

2. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

we just put some nitto tera grapplers on my moms truck, they seem to be good right now, we got rid of bfg all terrains because the wore funny

3. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I like the wranglers and the terra grapplers. Toyos are good also.

4. eshmend

eshmend New Member

yeah my friend has 285/70/17R toyo ats on his tahoe and he likes them

5. jrstroh_96

jrstroh_96 New Member

try sport king it's a sister company to bfg i ran them and their mud kings i got 40,000 miles out of them not bad for the money.

6. 520operator

520operator New Member

2 of my friends have had good luck with pro comps xtreme at. one of them used to run the terra grapplers but didnt care much for them. im gonna go to the pro comps when my bfgs wear down

size wise if your tbars are cranked or your running a leveling kit you can run a 285 and have seen some guys fit 305s with minor trimming to the grey air dam at the bottom of the bumper.

7. douglange

douglange New Member

bfg mud terrains

I had good luck with bfg mud terrains when I lived in Nome, Alaska. Not great on a paved highway but very tough over the granite gravel roads at highway speeds:) It was a tire I trusted when I was 60 miles outside of town.

-Do you know where you are when you are 60 miles outside of Nome, Alaska? I don't know, either, it wasn't on a map, my GPS couldn't locate a satellite and my compass seemed to be pointing east at the morning sun! ;-)

8. hskerprid

hskerprid New Member

I've got the GoodYear MTR Wranglers 285-75-16 on my 95 Z71 Ext. Cab. They wear for a good 70 to 80,000.....look nice too!!

9. SnowmanZ71

SnowmanZ71 New Member

I would definitely try the BFG's all terrians. I had cooper mud terrians and they were quite possibly the loudest tires ever and wranglers that were alright on road but in snow and playing around they were B material tires. My new set of BFG's are quite and i plowed through snow this year but the only draw back is the 190.00 price.

10. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Have had several sets of BFG A/Ts and M/Ts. Got 65,000 mies from A/Ts and 52,000 miles from M/Ts. Both rode and balanced well, didnt need alot of weight to balance. Also they where round. I keep them aired up and rotated.