1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Best All Terrain Tires

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by BlackBeast, May 3, 2013.

1. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My truck came with a set of Goodyear Wrangers (not sure what model specifically but the tread wasn't all that aggressive). Those didn't even last 3 years.

I replaced those with a set of BFG All-Terrain T/As. They looked good and wore evenly but they wore down quickly; I don't think they made it quite three years.

After those, I got some Yokohama Geolandar AT-Ss. Again, great looking tire but they didn't wear evenly.

After those, I got some Bridgestone Dueler A/Ts. These are my favorite set of tires - but the most expensive. They look the best (of the 3 I have mentioned) and wore perfectly. I had these tires for four years and just this past September I put a fresh set on my truck.

Whatever you do OP, stay away from Falken Rocky Mountains. They look good when they are brand new but with just a little bit of wear, they look like absolute junk. They are pretty dang heavy too for what they are.

2. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

I am partial to my dick cepek fc II's... they are wearing like steal and are very quite. Before these I had the mud countries... they were awesome in mud and snow. I got about 35k out of those.

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Wearing like steal? Who stole your tires?!

4. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

Lol... I post mostly via my phone... and don't proof read to often. Steal... steel you knew what I meant...:)

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yea, but some things are too good to pass up. :)

6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

7. DamnThatMexican

DamnThatMexican New Member

Lol stick with the bfg I love those I have them on my rig right now and they do where a lil faster but I don't worry about them when it gets bad... And the coppers tires my boss and a others co worker has those and they say that they like them for the hwy miles and noise level, o as for the wrangler ones I had them and didn't like them all that much I thought they be better that's all
    almost forgot the rugged trail are good for some hwy miles but other other guy said that as well, just agreeing tho

8. blackburb

blackburb Rockstar 100 Posts

Well, just to keep anyone from having an orgasm over the BFG's, let me tell you my experience. I had many sets of BFG auto tires and loved them all. Got a '92 full size Bronco and immediately threw on a set of all-terrain T/A's. This truck had over 100k on it so it didn't surprise me much that the steering seemed a bit loose and sloppy. But before I got around to replacing any front end parts, I blew out one of the BFG's (yes, coming home from camp just like the Kumhos). Rather than replacing that tire, a buddy had set of - I don't really remember, they might have been Coopers - that he sold me really cheap. I put those tires on and as if by magic, that truck steered and tracked like brand new. There was nothing worn in the suspension, it was the BFG's that caused it to wander all over the road. FWIW