Best Bluetooth Headset

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by unplugged, Jul 2, 2008.

?

Best Bluetooth Headset

Poll closed Sep 30, 2008.
  1. Aliph Jawbone 2

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Plantronics Voyager 520

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Jabra BT8040

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Samsung WEP700

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Motorola Motopure H12

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. What's bluetooth?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What is the best bluetooth headset? Vote for your favorite.
    My current "best" is the Aliph Jawbone 2.
    See the youtube demo. It is the absolute best for noisy environments.
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxGVH39rlFQ[/media]

2. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I've had quite a few bluetooth headsets. The last one I got was the previous Jawbone. It worked as advertised, and did cancel noise very well, but it sucked. Couldn't handle wind noise, was uncomfortable after more than a few minutes, buttons were hard to press while wearing, it was expensive, and had a really annoying proprietary and super short charging cable.

My other $40 generic BT headset worked better than that one did. I just had to buy another one because the ear piece fell off and dissapeared. :)

I've tried a few other headsets, and the Plantronics series seem to be one of the best for comfort, audio quality, and ease of use. Although that doesn't apply to ALL of their models. I honestly don't use them a whole lot anymore because I don't like having go carry something else in addition to my phone. And my BB 8330 has a great speaker phone.

3. bigrob1977

bigrob1977 New Member

i use the jawbone 2 every where but my semi-truck and my chrysler. in my truck i have a cb radio with bluetooth that will send the call through the cb speaker and has a much better noise cancelling cartridge that can ever be put in a bluetooth. the car has the bluetooth thru my pioneer headunit. but i agree the "bone" is somewhat hard to deal with. but i think the audio quailtity is the best out of the 8 or 9 bluetooths i've had.

4. EricLehman

EricLehman New Member

5. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I use my JVC headunit

6. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I used to use a Jawbone before I got a new head unit, and it worked great. Sound quality was good, battery life was good, only downside is that it's a little expensive new.