Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Best brake pads 1998 2wd Suburban 1500?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by phoebeisis, Sep 9, 2007.

1. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What are the best brake pads for a 1998 2wd 1/2 ton Suburban? I want more ,and quicker initial bite.I don't care if the pads wear out more quickly, or if they wear the rotors out more quickly,I want more and quicker brake power.
    EBC makes some big claims for their Yellowstuff pads, but $120+shipping for just front brake pads seems awfully stiff.
    Thanks,
    Charlie

2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have always like Raybestos, but the last brake job I did I used the ceramic brakes by Performance Friction from AutoZone. I like the feel and my burb stops on a dime and gives nine cents change. For racing applications I prefer the carbon metallic pads.

4. Skarch

Skarch Rockstar 100 Posts

I love Mintex redbox pads on my GTI, and they were probably a good 30% better than stock, with similar wear. I have no idea if they make pads for the burb though.:happy:

5. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Thanks

Cableguy,unplugged-thanks for the info.The braking isn't terrible, but I wouldn't call it good.If I had all the $$ in the world,I'd give the EBC yellow pads a try, but $120-when most pads are $25-$50-seems pretty extreme(unless they work like EBC claims they do,which I kinda doubt).EBC claims they grab like race pads, but without needing to be up to a high temp like race pads.
    Thanks,
    Charlie