1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

best chip and intake

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by chevyj83, Dec 8, 2010.

1. chevyj83

chevyj83 New Member

whats the best chip and intake for the money for the 5.3 motor?
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Well programmers are all kinda what you want to do, but you would be best searching a bit since there have been a lot of threads talking about them and the different types and pros and cons of each...
    As to cold air intake it all depends on what you are going for, there again have been a lot of threads talking about these and the pros and cons.
    I am sure you will get some but i am simply trying to get you as much info as possible so you can get what you are looking for and with the most knowledge of whats out there..
  3. KWG08VMI

KWG08VMI New Member

X2 on what Mike said. there is a tone of information and opinions on this site about both of these items. like i told someone else about the CAI, there are a tons of options and twice as many opinions.
  4. chevyj83

chevyj83 New Member

thanks for the info guess ill be lookin around more lol
  5. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member 1000 Posts

Get a volant intake and a diablo sport programmer.
  6. chevyj83

chevyj83 New Member

i was looking at either the volante or just making my own for a lot cheaper, and i dont know much about programmers but i was looking at the hypertech max energy or the diablo predator, i didnt know which was better..
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

I have a Diablo Preditor and a Banks CAI. Both work and the intake fits well and is typical Banks quality.