1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best exhaust?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Morgan8119, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Morgan8119

Morgan8119 New Member

i have a 2010 silverado and I'm looking for the best exhaust? Just tell me what you think.
  2. 09Z71BLKBST

09Z71BLKBST New Member

I love the sound of my Flowmaster 40 series!
  3. ajarman

ajarman New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My buddy got the Gibson Super Truck on his 2010 5.3 and loves the sound. The only problem is crusing at highway speeds it sounds like an old tractor.
  4. Metaluzc

Metaluzc New Member

Go to youtube or any other video posting site and type in "2010 Silverado Exhaust" and you will pull up videos of people with different exhausts/mufflers. You can get an idea of the sound you'd like on your truck.
  5. SmokeU

SmokeU New Member

This

We can not tell you what you would like on your truck and each muffler is different

Apples/Oranges

Also make sure you get a quality shop to weld it on and not clamp it
  6. KWG08VMI

KWG08VMI New Member

X2 on SmokeU's comment. Just listening to them on the internet doesn't really help that much. A lot of times the sound quality isn't very good due to the camera that was used or the speakers you are listening to.
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would listen to trucks around you and if you here one you like ask the owner what he has. Everybody likes something differant. I have Magnaflows on our trucks and like them.
  8. Morgan8119

Morgan8119 New Member

Do you think I want a cat back exhaust or just muffler? Everyone I ever knew only has true dual straight pipe welded on with no mufflers haha. Loud but not for a new truck! What are some good catback systems?
  9. SliverZ71

SliverZ71 New Member

It’s all a bought how much money you want to spent are you planning on installing headers at later date? If so you might want to consider true duels with 2 mufflers if not then you can go with a muffler 3” in and two 2 ½” out let for duel tail pips. I like the Flow Master 40 sound but every one has there own preference.
  10. rip5164

rip5164 New Member

Isn't there some sort of issue with the Active Fuel Management making some systems sound like tin cans? I don't think that I would want to disable the system so is there an exhaust system available that would sound good when the AFM kicks to 4 cylinders?