1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best feeling in the world!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Camaro69car, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

When you pay your truck off waaaaaaaayyy early got the truck in April of 2012, and just made my final payment today! I look forward to getting the bank's name off my title!!!!!!!

I did use my savings to pay the truck off early, so I hope I don't have an accident or anything for the next couple of months.

Unfortunately, I cannot spend money on mods, I have to start saving up for a downpayment on another vehicle for the old lady. She wants a Dodge Charger.
  2. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Challenger I can understand but charger?=? Ummm, Camaro? Lol
    My naoughbor is a dodge guy his wife got one and hates it.
    But that's awesome to pay off your truck. Keep fully covered...
  3. Camaro69car

indeed, I dont play around with liability, especially in this area, nobody can drive.

Only car I had liability on was my fiero. because I only paid $400 for it. and it really wasnt worth getting it replaced. plus I'd probably be dead if I crashed it.
  4. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

I love the charger and challenger. Both are FAR more comfortable than the camaro. I like the looks and performance of the camaro, but it feels like your driving a buck board down the road and was hard to see out of in comparison to the dodge. My next vehicle will be a new dodge super bee
  5. Camaro69car

keep in mind this car is for a Female. So its going to be a V6.

but its comfy for long trips, and more fuel efficient than my truck
  6. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

the pentastar v6 is still prett potent! 300hp and I believe 2.98 gears. It has all the oomph she could need. My wife is a power junkie like me so I'm required to get the V8

Idk if it's still offered, but stay away from the 2.7. There gutless and hardly make it past 100k miles. The 3.5 is the one to go for
  7. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Congrats OP! Paying off any kind of debt is a great feeling. I just made my last payment to my dad (borrowed some money to finish school) last month and this month I'll be making my final payment on one of my credit cards. That just leaves me with one more credit card to go then I'll be debt-free. Of course, all I am going to do then is take out a car loan and buy a new car. :rules:
  8. ScottsdaleGuy89

ScottsdaleGuy89 New Member

Congrats, man, that's no small feat. Enjoy the well-earned feeling of financial freedom!
  9. Camaro69car

I believe its the 3.5 High output motor. I know it said High Output on the sides. And were going to be A**Holes and get it in white. and putting my spare CB antenna on the back just to mess with people. Even on the test drive people thought I was a cop and moved out of my way. Gotta love that.
  10. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

LOL, my mom drives a white Crown Vic. I've seen the same reaction from other motorists.