Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best Fuel Filter brand or all the same?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Dr_Zero, May 22, 2006.

1. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Is there a better fuel filter or are they about the same like the napa vs the fram vs the deutsch etc

Thanks!
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

:) Not sure, have you been reading Consumer Reports or something like that recently? :) haha I usually use just one of the cheaper brands, whatever is on sale. :)
  3. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

LOL!

No I was looking to buy one and they prices went from $3 to $16 and I was wondering if it was really worth it.

I dont mind spending the money if it works just hate to waste it.
  4. ChevyFan

There might be something worth it, maybe. I bought the more expensive home air filters on the advice of a friend of mine who does HVAC. Maybe the more expensive oil filters really do clean more of the dirt and other stuff out of the oil???
  5. jack77

jack77 Member

as long as you plan to change it at regular intervals you can get away with the cheaper ones
  6. ChevyFan

define "regular intervals" ... :)