1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

best hi-flow cats?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Tapper1823, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Tapper1823

Tapper1823 Member

Whats the best hi-flow cats for the money/cheaper. and headers.

I have a 2000 5.3 with true duals no mufflers out at 65 degree angles. are hiflow cats and headers going to make a sound difference?
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

best hi-flo cat id go magnaflow.... I have flowtech shorty headers and they are nice and wont break the bank... you will prob get a little louder and deeper sound with the combination of the two also
  3. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Magnaflow is the way to go for cats. Not sure about any specific brand of headers, but I'd just go for the long-tube headers. You'll see much more noticable gains. They also cost more, of course. :)
  4. black jack

black jack Rockstar 100 Posts

Ive got slp on my 05 gto and i like them havent changed the ones on my truck yet.
  5. Tapper1823

Tapper1823 Member

about how much does a set of magnaflow hiflow-cats cost?
  6. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The magnaflow cats are about 65 bucks a piece from summit.
  7. no0b123

no0b123 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Does replacing for hi-flow cats make a big difference, or should one invest in new piping?