Best New Thread In This Forum Wins A Prize

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by ChevyFan, Sep 6, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

From right now until the end of 9/13, the best quality new thread made in the "Detailing & Truck Care" thread will win a prize.

- I'm going to judge on the quality of what you post, use of images, etc.
    - Plus I'll give extra points for the number of quality replies that are made to your new thread.

Any questions? Post them here!

I'm making this up as I go along
    , but I'll come up with some prize and maybe we can get a vendor involved as well. I'll update this when I can come up with some more rules and information.

It will take me a few days after the contest ends to get it all worked out.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  2. ChevyFan

Wow, one person could easily win this...
  3. VisaliaIPA

VisaliaIPA New Member

Working on something...might be a few days.
  4. ChevyFan

Few days? lol Right now there are no other threads created as far as I know.
  5. VisaliaIPA

VisaliaIPA New Member

Ok...on Sunday since I gotta work today and tomorrow.lol
  6. ChevyFan

There is only one new thread in here to compete with. They'll win by default if there aren't any more new threads made. :)
  7. VisaliaIPA

VisaliaIPA New Member

Ok Steve.......finally got it all put together and getting rerady to post it to the forums. It was my first you tube video I made so hopefully its a winner.
  8. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member

[MENTION=1]Steve[/MENTION] , any news on a winner for this contest? :money:
  9. silverhobey

silverhobey New Member

great thread, too bad I am swamped at home and work to reply proeprly and try to win a prize.
    Will see if I have time tuesday or Wednesday evening..........BRIAN in Canada

(p,s.----working on Detailing now----fresh rainwater cleaning the Crew Cab now !!!!!!)
  10. ChevyFan

let me have a look at the threads and figure out who's got the best one. :) I was hoping for like 50 new threads, lol. Looks like it's not going to take all that long.
  11. silverhobey

silverhobey New Member

most economic way to detail is using my Rain-Water -----I go out after a rain and
    wash the Crew with Mother's of California wash and Wax. Beads up perfectly with one rinse
    with the Garden hose.....not $ 9.00 at the do-it-yourself wash!!!!
    ....best way to clean the interior of dust----used my Leaf Blower on one side, with the other
    2 doors open on the opposite side----should see the dust fly----70-90 KM/h, then use the
    air compressors to get fine particles away from controls and out of the Vents.
    .,,,,,,,,how's that Steve !!!!!! BRIAN
  12. VisaliaIPA

VisaliaIPA New Member

Any winner yet.......?
  13. ChevyFan

Give me a couple of days, really know the winning post was hoping to get a sponsor to kick something in for the prize, but i can chine up with something.
  14. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

I would to one since I learned how to use an orbital polisher to polish and wax the factory paint..... but I do not get in pictures......
  15. ChevyFan

Off topic! This thread is about the contest, start another thread about specific detailing practices.
  16. VisaliaIPA

VisaliaIPA New Member

A sponsor prize would be a bonus.............thanks for working on it Steve
  17. ChevyFan

18. Pikey

19. Pikey

[MENTION=1]Steve[/MENTION], I know that you have been busy with the forum changes. Just wondering if you had an update on this contest.
  20. ChevyFan

The main problem is my dead computer, hahaha. Working on a system with a cracked screen.

Ummm, both posts are winners, how about that? I've got some prize packs in the garage, or i can shoot each winner a $25 Amazon gift card, or you can choose what's behind door number 3.